Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding the Business' Agents

Voltyr

As an immediate disclaimer and clarification: This feedback is not intended as a critique. I'm only trying to make the devs aware of something I suspect they hadn't yet considered, and whether or not they want to do anything with it from there is of course in their hands. Please refrain from knee-jerk "git gud" posting, I'm not here to complain and I hope you aren't here to brag.

Now that this is out of the way, I've found the part of Vox Solaris mentioned in the topic title to be nearly impossible for me. The first agent is always indicated with a map marker that makes their body easy to locate, but after that you're given an area to search in for the rest, like how the hidden cache mission works on the Plains of Eidolon. Unlike those caches however, the bodies do not in the least bit stand out. They're not marked with a map marker, they don't glow, and crucially their colouration is even similar to that of the background. They blend in rather well with the dirty and rocks between the snow when seen from above in fact, and the grass can obscure them excellently from the ground.
I suspect this isn't a big deal to most players, but I have an autistic spectrum disorder (a very mild variant mind you) that makes it nearly impossible for me to see the bigger picture; I see the world exclusively one detail at a time. Scanning the area for the bodies without some kind of help within the allotted time is disastrously difficult for me. When I have about 20 seconds left, I'll be given the location of the rest of the bodies, though because of my condition I simply can't be sure whether they were already there or were spawned near me to assist. Even so, it is impossible to beat the mission within the remaining time at that point, given that the dialogue and quest need to advance.

My suggestion is simple. Don't change the mission, because I suspect it's perfectly fine for the vast majority of players. However, for those of us who are at a natural and insurmountable disadvantage here, it would be a good idea to make the quest open to parties instead of solo-only. This being a multiplayer-focused game, you already have the perfect solution built into the game. I'd just like to humbly request that, perhaps in a future patch, you'll consider putting it to use. Until then I'll try to brute-force my way past this quest, but will likely remain locked out of much of the Fortuna content.

Thank you for reading!

EDIT:
I've since managed to beat this part of the quest and am having much more luck finding the bodies in the bounty version of this objective as well. The main difference is that I've stopped using Archwing to get a bird's eye view, which seemed like very much the logical thing to do when looking for something over a wide area. Now whenever I get close-ish to a body, it gives me a marker. I suspect that archwing somehow interferes with this. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Voltyr

On 2018-11-11 at 11:56 AM, JakeTrans said:

I had issues with this mission too as I had no idea what I was exactly looking for , but for me I got the map markers, if it wasn't for that I would have been stuck try to find the first one. I think the markers should show up or the agent hum like caches.

Thank you for letting me know! I managed to get the markers to pop up later as well, I suspect now that it's a bug of some kind that may or may not be related to using Archwing.