Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Idea For Endgame :)

Silver_Fox75

Not sure if this is the right section or not but I constantly see people complaining about a lack of a true endgame and i had always contemplated this idea so here it is.

After completing every mission of every planet a cut scene plays with the Lotus saying something along the lines of "You have done well Tenno, you overcame overwhelming odds to get to where you are now but *interference* *stalker continuous sentence* "you aren't finished yet. You have defeated the Grineer empire, stunted the expansion of the technocyte plague, and hindered the corpus traders. But *back to Lotus* you are a threat now Tenno. You have come to far and learned to much, the remains of the Orokin must remain secret. *Stalker takes over again* I must remain, alone.

In case you decided to skim through, basically the lotus and stalker are working together, and the Lotus is the last of the Orokin.

Next a lone space station would appear on the map, in the middle of the sun it seems. But as you approach you are transported to an area similar to a color inverted mastery testing area, The Lotus' HQ. The Lotus would then say *This is the end Tenno, your final resting place and *stalker takes over* the resting place of the last Orokin as well. *back to Lotus* Time to end this.

Next the screen would fade to black and you hear noise like metal stretching, and as you slowly regain your site you find yourself facing, yourself, or rather the real stalker, which is a copy of the players warframe with an upgraded arsenal (fully modded Dread, Despair, and hate). The fight then begins. 

The new stalkers health, armor, shields, and abilities are all dependent on your warframe (which it would be a shadowy stalker version of). It would use the same full four abilities  you have access to (although scaled down to be fair). In addition to this the stalker would periodically teleport out of range (at every 33% health like Vor) and a group of enemies from the three main factions, first Grineer, the Corpus, and lastly Infested. After the final infested is dead the stalker would return, with one percent health, and once killed (which i'd hope by then you could do) a cut scene would play. The stalker would fall to its knees, its shadowy aura thrashing around it as it morphed to take the shape of every warframe while saying "I have failed you Lotus, your first revived Tenno, is the second last to fall. I'm sorry". After which he would disperse in a shadowy explosion which would leave a lone Skana impaled where he stood. Showing that he was a Tenno (Skana is the first weapon a Tenno masters).

The Lotus would then appear in front of you, full body for the first time, and say "well Tenno it is time we part ways. Only one of us will leave here still standing, and I'm afraid it will be you." The Lotus would then raise her hand and your warframe would be shocked and take a kneel (imagine Excalibur in the trailer) as the Lotus proclaimed "You cannot defeat me Tenno, I control you". Then the stalker would reap ear in a puff of weak smoke in front of you, phasing in and out of reality, and say "Here Tenno, i realize serving the Lotus was not my role, my role was to help a true Tenno defeat her". He would then place his hand on your warframes head and dissipate once more. You would then rise and the battle would begin.

The Lotus would wield only a Skana Prime for melee and nothing else. She would rely on Orokin beams from both hands (similar to Vor's continuous beam attack), fast movement, faster then even Loki, and the ability to spawn corrupted. She wouldn't be a multistage boss, just defeat her and he spawned corrupted simple as that. But (yeah i lied :p) once she reached 50% health she would stop all movement and encase herself in an Orokin beam like sphere that would then explode in a large AoE blast. She would then emerge as a monstrous dragon like infested being, many stories high and fused with Grineer and Corpus tech. She would use large claws for close range attacks, still spawn corrupted, and when she opened her mouth release a giant, electrically arcing, dark, beam of energy from her mouth every minute or so. Like Grineer commanders no weapons would deal full damage to her (or should i say it?). Lastly she would have an Instant kill attack, that can be avoided of course where you would hear a loud screeching, then she would try and bite you. If she succeeded she would throw your warframe in the air and impale you on her tail, before firing her Orokin beam like attack at you, disintegrating your frame. 

Once she was defeated her draconic  form would fall to the ground, releasing her origin form from its mouth. Still barely alive the Lotus would say "Tenno, you have defeated me, a feat i deemed impossible. You may think you have won, but you will soon see the error of your ways." She would then die off and a white and yellow portal would appear behind you for extraction. But not before exploding into a large amount of loot with a chance to drop fully built warframes for the player to collect.

After this was completed and you were returned to the galaxy map you would be contacted by an entity known as "The cleansed" Who would look like a white stalker, well a white orokin tech mixed smoky aura lacking stalker with a blank warframe. He would then say " You have defeated the Lotus and i am in your debt for this. You freed me from he control and now i may help my fellow Tenno instead of hunting them. Now i will assist you where assistance is needed." 

The newly revealed "cleansed would serve the role the Lotus once filled, since shes taking an extended leave so to speak.

Well that's what I'd imagine an end game would be like, please weigh in on whether you liked it or not down below and if you did i tank you for reading it all ^.^

Edited by Silver_Fox75

what you have described as far as i can tell is an actual end to the game.  Many mmo genre games have no end and are perpetual games.  Taking this into consideration, what happens after you defeat this level?  Would this be a solo mission? lore-wise who now directs your actions?  Where do you go from there.  Rather i think that content should be more geared towards the tennos' mission to disrupt grineer and corpus chains of command.  Reworking into raid bosses with mechanics that differentiate it from being a massive bullet sponge, but requires certain actions to allow damage, while still presenting a danger.

Your idea is cool, but it's more of an ending for Zelda or Mass effect.  Not something to do at high levels which is the true definition of endgame content. 

As it has been said before, this is and ending, not end game. Also, it doesn't seem so fleshed out; all you have to do is complete all the planets? Hell, then a lot of people have finished this game already. For me, if something like this were to be introduced, it would severely decrease the amount of pleasure I receive from playing this game. People play mmos when they want a 'never ending' story, so to speak. I'll leave the story, which doesn't fit at all with current lore, for another time.

this could only be a thing at the end of Warframes' run and the game is being shut down. since that's (hopefully) a long way off, this couldn't possibly be a thing.

also, dropping built Warframes? lelwut. no.

and that isn't endgame content because you do it once, and it's a definitive ending. why would or COULD you do that more than once? it's a definitive ending, story over. >.>

i mean, it all sounds cool, but it's more of a 'mega boss' end of story thing like in most (singleplayer) action games.

Edited by taiiat

this could only be a thing at the end of Warframes' run and the game is being shut down. since that's (hopefully) a long way off, this couldn't possibly be a thing.

also, dropping built Warframes? lelwut. no.

and that isn't endgame content because you do it once, and it's a definitive ending. why would or COULD you do that more than once? it's a definitive ending, story over. >.>

I apparently don't understand what all the talk of no end game is haha