Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Warframe on Switch

Varok1689

Do we know if progress between PC and Nintendo Switch will be shared?  I am new to Warframe and currently playing it on my PC for a couple days now but I would also like to enjoy it on the switch when its released.  I don't want to start over or have 2 separate account though.  Any word on if that's possible? Thanks.

Darn, was hoping I could switch between the two platforms while making progress on one account.  But that's probably not realistic. Ill have to decide if I want to play this primarily console or PC..

On that note, is each platforms userbase separate from one another? Like PC and PS4 don't play together?

Devs have said repeatedly about the switch release that your PC account is getting copied, not transferred. That way your PC account will remain intact while picking up where you left off on the switch. The people saying that your account in pc will disappear are wildly misinformed. 

3 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Devs have said repeatedly about the switch release that your PC account is getting copied, not transferred. That way your PC account will remain intact while picking up where you left off on the switch. The people saying that your account in pc will disappear are wildly misinformed. 

Interesting. So once my PC account is copied to switch is progress on the two platforms independent of each other or shared?

Just now, Varok1689 said:

Interesting. So once my PC account is copied to switch is progress on the two platforms independent of each other or shared?

It's independent afterward due to how development for consoles work. Plus DE isn't porting the switch version themselves, another studio is handling the port so switch might see faster updates than Xbox and Ps4.

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

It's independent afterward due to how development for consoles work. Plus DE isn't porting the switch version themselves, another studio is handling the port so switch might see faster updates than Xbox and Ps4.

I thought that might be the case, thanks for clearing it up.  Is each platform userbase playing separate from one another?

3 minutes ago, Varok1689 said:

I thought that might be the case, thanks for clearing it up.  Is each platform userbase playing separate from one another?

Active playing, yes. If you're on PC, you're playing with other PC players. Same with each console,  Xbox with Xbox and so on. It's due partially to warframes constant development, partly due to Sony's hot/cold nature to cross platform and partly due to how each console works internally. Perhaps the next gen of consoles will see something different. 

As for the forums, we can all speak to each other and provide feedback regardless of console. 

Edited by Sajochi