Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Create Melee Combination Attacks

askaninja

While this game has a rich set of parcore like acrobatic manuvers I feel that we lack a bit when it come's to melee weapon finess. I am not asking for alot, just a slight enhancement to the melee combat system such as fight combinations that would encourage use and fun of using melee attacks.

If we could have a normal hit and light/quick hit as normal attack (2 melee buttons) different combinations ( Light, Light, Normal, or whatever is reasonable etc.) which would pull off a special move that would do 200% damage with a small AOE or something like that (varied by the weapon used of course) would bring alot of richness to the game aside from just the normal and charge attacks.

I know this would take a bit of animation development, but I truely think it would be worthwhile and and another dimension to the game. Hell perhaps release special moves which can only be unlocked as you reach different mastery levels. On the bright side you can cheat a bit since many of the weapons could initially share a similair type of speacial move and animation.

There are various games that all do this well such as Vindicus, Mirror's Edge, and Rid$&*^ off the top of my head. If you could have melee gun combo's (like Devil May Cry) it would be even more insane.

Please Up-vote if you agree =)

It'd be interesting to see this as the rework for single longswords.

Having a unique mechanic that rewards the player who has the skill to pull off the combos is probably the best buff they can receive, instead of simple stat changes. It gives them the niche they so desperately need.

It's already been kinda done with the Kogake, hopefully it could be implemented in a future update with some tweaking.

Charge hits mixed into combos and more ways to disable your enemy with melee(special stuns, knockbacks, knockdowns, launching attacks, ect would be fun. As it is there's so many fun melee weapons to use but they get overshadowed by their clunkyness to use.