Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ultimates

Vitras

so i was about to make this about Frost's ultimate when i double checked the wiki. why do all the ultimates feel so weak in the game once you go past level 40?

Damage for maxed abilities without mods (according to wiki)-
-Frost 1000
-Mag 1000
-Excalibur 1000 (per javelin)
-Rhino 800
-Banshee 1200 (200 each second for 6 seconds)
-Saryn 1000 (250 per second for 4 seconds)
-Nova 800 (per explosion)
-Nyx 800
-Volt 1000 (200 five times)
-Ember 4800 (400 for 12 ticks)
-Ash 2000
-Vauban ? (doesn't work well for me)

in the game it seems like some do more than others when these numbers look so close (excluding Ember's numbers and except for Nova and 'sort of' Ash in-game..). Frost's ult felt so week not that far in the game, especially considering ice wave is 565 per ice spike. that's a bit off. does anyone else feel this way?

and yes, i realize the elemental/armor system is being redone.

Edited by Vitras

it is as you say it is

all have different damage types

sayrn's is the most noticeable because it is poison damage thus armor ignore

frost has the short end of the stick when it comes to damage because ice resistance is probably pretty high with a lot of enemies

but he makes up for that in his freezing CC and godlike shield

Edited by Tsak

Don't forget the latest addition to this style of ultimates:

-Nyx 800

about that, i tried out the new Nyx today. it barely drew aggro and only killed 1 out of 10 grineer (i think lvl 45-50). poor Nyx. but yes, it's low like the others

Because enemy armour scaling is.... its not talk about that.

Many ulti's don't ignore armour, which reduce their damage to become worthless.

ps. you also forgot the kiddy table

- volt (watch me as i make myself a floating pinyata!)

- ember (for the low low price of 100 energy, I hit 1 guy at at time. 3 if you're lucky and not hosting)

they're not supposed to be powerful no matter what level, besides some frames like rhino or vauban (mostly vauban) have amazing crowd control

if DE really did intend for them to not be powerful, why did Nova happen? *cough* but also, at the beginning rank and low levels (let's say 10) ultimates could still kill everyone in the radius, excluding heavies

then why do Ember/Nyx/Banshee share the armor count without this damage increase? that would mean DE threw balanced frames out the window.

You imply there was balance in the first place...

On the other hand, if there other casters can't get the 'cannon' part, could you also take out the 'glass' part? Thank you very much.

On the other hand, if there other casters can't get the 'cannon' part, could you also take out the 'glass' part? Thank you very much.

Maybe if we're lucky u10 is going to resolve this, and they may just be viable frames for all content.

Maybe if we're lucky u10 is going to resolve this, and they may just be viable frames for all content.

that's my hope. if the ultimates still won't dent high level mobs i'm going to quit soloing them and stick to the lower.

not me, DE says they want balance.

that is what i think would make things better; if they can't dish out the damage, how will they take it? maybe in warframe buffs to come

i play Ash and Vauban ultimate, which basically kill everything that's not heavy or ancient (even a 100 lv guy)

+Frame Skill ultimate isn't about "Nuke" the hole map in high lever, it'a about Stunning enemies and open a way to run...occasional.

in case u STILL wanna kill everyone in the hole room...use "Hit and Hide"  and"KILL IT WITH FIRED" Tactic; CoD, battlefield, Infamous...ect...ect...does :D

Edited by Doforcash

i play Ash and Vauban ultimate, which basically kill everything that's not heavy or ancient (even a 100 lv guy)

i forgot about Ash (which is sad). his is actually pretty reliable. i've only used Vauban recently and vortex doesn't work so well for me.. everything gets stuck and does a bunch of 1s for damage.

+Frame Skill ultimate isn't about "Nuke" the hole map in high lever, it'a about Stunning enemies and open a way to run...occasional.

in case u STILL wanna kill everyone in the hole room...use "Hit and Hide"  and"KILL IT WITH FIRED" Tactic; CoD, battlefield, Infamous...ect...ect...does :D

1. not all ultimates stun, and if they have a bigger damage number i'd want to say they mean it to be a kill move. plus i don't want to spend 100 energy just to stun enemies for 2 seconds.

2. i was just commenting on another topic that a cover system in this game would brutally kill the fun of being a ninja in space.