Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Io Defense Fire Bug?

r3dzer0

Just did Io defense and apparently as far as i could tell and anyone else there was no fire anywhere. however on the stair case approximately one meter down and on the left( by the left mid console) there was invisible fire that killed you.  it started immediately after a host migration on wave 10.

I just noticed something similar to this too but on Xini.

I clearly must have joined a game where a host migration took place as there was just one player and it was wave 13. I kept taking fire damage from *something* but I couldn't figure out what..especially given that it is infested.

As it were...it looks like whatever the invisible fire damage was....was on the pod too. It was as if the game was doing the whole environment fire damage but without the visual cues.

Alas...the pod subsequently died despite our keeping the infested away from the pod...because well...the invisible fire.

Apparently, this has been going on a lot and it has nothing to do with any particular map - it just seems to happen on these Infested defense maps because you find a lot of Embers there. It appears to have to do with Ember's Fire Blast; the damaging effects return and linger after a host migration, but the flames are invisible and will hurt anything that touches them, be it friend or foe.