The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Redesign

Tijinga

Question

I have big question for anyone who has wangled with the convoluted and time consuming process of designing dojo floorplans: What is the most efficient way to redesign a dojo?

What I Know:

I know that for some unfathomable reason I can't select multiple rooms to be destroyed at once. I can't simply move a room to another place. I can't, for example, destroy a T shaped connector to replace it with a cross if anything is actually connected to it. And I know that I'd have to rebuild all the rooms and redecorate as well.

What I Don't Know:

But what about energy and capacity costs? If I need to redesign my energy basement by removing a few reactors before expanding, will that mess with anything? If I destroy a hall, will the capacity limit change? Do I have to destroy things in a certain order like I had to build things in a certain order? 

I apologize for all the questions, but dojo building the first time around was obnoxious and time consuming for me. If I do it again, I want to avoid making mistakes that will cost me hours upon hours of waiting time. I really wish there was a more intuitive way to put together your dojo.

Edited by Tijinga

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Tijinga said:

If I need to redesign my energy basement by removing a few reactors before expanding, will that mess with anything?

You must have enough reactors to power the rooms currently present in your dojo, plus the ones in the process of being built or destroyed.  You can only remove extra reactors you don't currently need, which means you may need to remove other rooms to free up energy first.

2 hours ago, Tijinga said:

If I destroy a hall, will the capacity limit change?

Yes

2 hours ago, Tijinga said:

Do I have to destroy things in a certain order like I had to build things in a certain order? 

For the most part, yes.  You can't remove your Oracle while you have Lab rooms present, but you can build a second Oracle and then remove the first one.  I'm less certain about the Hall build dependency; it used to be the case that you couldn't remove a lower tier Hall before removing all the ones above it, but I'm no longer sure about that.

As for the more general room dependency that pops up when you try to delete a room, the short answer is that you have to delete rooms in the reverse order in which you built them. 

The longer answer is that your Dojo rooms are in a tree that branches out from your spawn point.  You can't delete a room without deleting all the rooms on the other side of the branch from your spawn point.  You also can't create a loop to work around the issue; it just links two branches together without affecting room dependency.  All you can do is possibly move the spawn point.

A redesign will take you many hours again, due to no user friendly dojo (re)design system being available to us.

My advice? Make a long hallway into nowhere. Rebuild the entire dojo from there. Then start destroying the old stuff. 
Alternatively: Destroy everything and leave clanmates unable to use (parts of) the dojo for days or even weeks.

Either way, until we get a whole new dojo system, this is an awkward as you-know-what job. I've done this twice in the past. Never again.

🤢 It's basically the worst case scenario I thought of... Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna have to do a lot of planning leading into this...

Why hasn't this process been looked at? It just seems so unnecessarily clunky compared to other "home makers" in games.