The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Total black screen after farming in Orb Vallis

DragonsFire6928

I've never had issues like this in the 5 plus years I've been playing but after the Fortuna update, I'll be in Orb Vallis collecting rocks and animals and I'll be there for a while and all of a sudden both of my monitors turn black for a few seconds then come back on and I can still hear my warframe game in my speakers but it's as if the game capture has stopped working and won't show up on my screen anymore. I can enter and exit the menu but not navigate through it at all. I've had friends join my sessions a few times to help time out of the level so I don't lose my resources but if I'm on invite only, I'm screwed. I have to start my task manager and shut the game down manually and lose all progress completely. Has any one else had any issues with this? It's so frustrating! It's happened about 5 times now and there's no knowing when it's goin to happen. 

Edited by DragonsFire6928

You are not alone. This happen to many ppl. And me too. I manage to a little fix it. Change compatibility mode in Warframe Shortcut Properties to Windows XP SP 3 and Run administrator mode. After this, you will still get black screen, BUT this time you will available to return to game after 5 sec. and cont. to play. I check that after this all, it kinda disable directx, if you check settings in game launcher. Hope this will help. After Fortuna release, many bugs have in game......

This has happened to me at least 6 times and I'd like to add that particle effects seem to be the reason for me. Especially when the reinforcements show up and/or I use my Operator Amp weapon. Seems that the more particles are in the air the more likely this black-screen (that forces me to full-restart my PC) occurs. Hope we get a fix soon.