Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desecrate and melee focus

PaddyMaxson

Question

Hi everyone, I'm working on a Nekros melee built with lots of slashing damage.

Does anyone know if Desecrate still works on enemies you have killed with melee focus on?

I'm not 100% sure it does, or at least doesn't fully given desecrate's 1s cooldown per corpse and the corpses dissolve.

Cheers

Paddy

4 answers to this question

For me, I use a staff/poles with slash as the highest damage and high status chance.
Nekros will descerate at the rate of 3 enemy per second. It also helps that if the slash proc, it will cut the enemy into max of 2 body parts and nekros count this a 2 descerate for each body part. Some enemy cant be cut like boiler or infested moa.
Channeling only increase damage done. So once enemy is killed my focused melee. Nekros descerate count as one.
My advice is avoid using channeling damage.

• Bodies that are cut in half or in multiple halves before or after death by Slash. Slash damage are each treated as distinct "corpses", each part with their own chance to yield additional loot.
  • Depending on the enemy type, some may be eligible to split into anywhere from 2 up to 6 parts, or none at all.
  • There are several firearms that excel at this, although not necessarily being the ones with the highest percentage of Slash b Slash damage. These weapons are: Akjagara,
  • Braton Prime, Flux Rifle, Kohm, Mitre, Panthera, Tigris, Azima, Pyrana, Vastos (Vasto, Akvasto and Vasto Prime), Latos (Lato, Lato Prime and Lato Vandal).
  • Some weapons like Kohm, Kohmak and Twin Kohmak can split the enemy into 4 different pieces each counting as a single corpse.