Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Impact

alphex

Great idea for a mod I actually killed a few crowds of infested on xini with this mod on it actually does great damage! However the knock down range is really small which is funny since the grineer heavies have godlike range on there knock down. I hope they buff it so it will knock down in a bigger area. This would be a great mod to keep a crowd of mobs on the ground for a little.

Edited by alphex

It's true.  I had a blast with it (ha-ha), but it's a little tricky to use.  I think weighing it towards mostly up-front damage at the triggering height would be best... say, at a height roughly equal to a vertical wall run backflip.  Doing a cliffside melee smash fall into a group of enemies is totally sweet, but very situational and too time-consuming to set up.

Edit : On second thought, dubstepify this a bit.  Give it a small pulse of damage whenever you jump and land, a large amount of damage at the wall flip height, and a huge amount of damage from "cliff-fall" height.

Edited by noneuklid

It's true.  I had a blast with it (ha-ha), but it's a little tricky to use.  I think weighing it towards mostly up-front damage at the triggering height would be best... say, at a height roughly equal to a vertical wall run backflip.  Doing a cliffside melee smash fall into a group of enemies is totally sweet, but very situational and too time-consuming to set up.

Yea I only used it for ex caliber because it was hard to do without him.

I'm still just trying to the darn thing to work in the first place. :P

Doing an upwards wallrun and backflip gives you enough height to trigger it. It only triggers if there are enemies in range though, so gather up some Infested and do the wallrun-backflip-thingy. It is stealth damage btw and will not break your cloak. ;)

Doing an upwards wallrun and backflip gives you enough height to trigger it. It only triggers if there are enemies in range though, so gather up some Infested and do the wallrun-backflip-thingy. It is stealth damage btw and will not break your cloak. ;)

I'm still just trying to the darn thing to work in the first place. :P

Its best used with ex calibers super jump. Though you need to have the pendragon helmet to do it. Then you time a jump melee and it will activate.

Its best used with ex calibers super jump. Though you need to have the pendragon helmet to do it. Then you time a jump melee and it will activate.

Actually I tried this, Pendragon alone was never enough for me.

I had maxed focus before I achieved the jump, and even Maxed Focus alone was enough.....I still don't know the minimum amount of "Power Strength" you need to achieve minimal height though since I maxed out Focus the second I found it.

Actually I tried this, Pendragon alone was never enough for me.

I had maxed focus before I achieved the jump, and even Maxed Focus alone was enough.....I still don't know the minimum amount of "Power Strength" you need to achieve minimal height though since I maxed out Focus the second I found it.

Its not the height you go its how hard you hit the ground which is why you need to time the melee right or it wont activate. The pendragon is still needed though because you wont have enough fall speed to hit the ground.

Its not the height you go its how hard you hit the ground which is why you need to time the melee right or it wont activate. The pendragon is still needed though because you wont have enough fall speed to hit the ground.

Neither. I don't need to do a melee attack with Focus, neither is using an Orthos with the Pendragon helmet alone trigger the Heavy Impact.

It's the height, some ~9m or so in height triggers the mod.

Neither. I don't need to do a melee attack with Focus, neither is using an Orthos with the Pendragon helmet alone trigger the Heavy Impact.

It's the height, some ~9m or so in height triggers the mod.

Ah my bad its not how hard you hit the ground its the speed at which you do it try and read the wiki again.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Impact

Ah my bad its not how hard you hit the ground its the speed at which you do it try and read the wiki again.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Impact

Well then I should test that a little more again perhaps? Because I certainly did my own tests, not just relied on the wiki.

For one speed of the drop doesn't affect damage, it's a flat 600 from Heavy Impact. I've done this with Super Jump, Super Jumping off a small platform with a Pendragon helm (some ~0.5m in height, I guess Pendragon alone just falls short of the distance trigger), and a giant cliff leap with a melee stab.

Now thinking that I've had Heavy Impact trigger from a rather low height with a slide jump (it's lower than the trigger height, but at the same time it's higher than normal because I was doing a long jump from a higher platform to a lower platform), it may warrant testing on "distance" displacement instead. Or Air-time with a jump.

Speed is quite unacceptable since all melee weapons drop you down at very similar speeds.

Well then I should test that a little more again perhaps? Because I certainly did my own tests, not just relied on the wiki.

For one speed of the drop doesn't affect damage, it's a flat 600 from Heavy Impact. I've done this with Super Jump, Super Jumping off a small platform with a Pendragon helm (some ~0.5m in height, I guess Pendragon alone just falls short of the distance trigger), and a giant cliff leap with a melee stab.

Now thinking that I've had Heavy Impact trigger from a rather low height with a slide jump (it's lower than the trigger height, but at the same time it's higher than normal because I was doing a long jump from a higher platform to a lower platform), it may warrant testing on "distance" displacement instead. Or Air-time with a jump.

Speed is quite unacceptable since all melee weapons drop you down at very similar speeds.

Yea true It took me a while to figure out there is a certain time melee will affect the speed more instead of melee speed they need to add altitude or some other way to activate it. 

Here is me testing heavy impact.

Edited by alphex

I think it may have to do with the velocity with which you hit the ground. From what I've seen, initiating the jump attack while in the air increases your fall speed but only up to a certain threshold. As long as you're in the air for a sufficient amount of time you can reach it and trigger Heavy Impact.

In any case, using the Pendragon helmet together with a maxed Focus and Super Jump is enough to trigger it consistently even without using the jump attack.

Yea true It took me a while to figure out there is a certain time melee will affect the speed more instead of melee speed they need to add altitude or some other way to activate it. 

Here is me testing heavy impact.

Just using youtube's timer...

Your speed in using a melee from the "Climax", the maximum height of the jump, and all the rest, is roughly the same. About 2s from jump to fall...

However I did note that when you used a melee at the Climax, you gain some ~0.3s of extra air time compared to using the melee on the way down...

If I were to recall the number of long-jump activations I had, I definitely know the height is much lower than what I'm seeing at your vid, but I had more "air-time"

I guess I need to look at your vid again later at home, timer in hand, and see if I can squeeze out the millisecond differences of the procs and non-procs. :3

I think it may have to do with the velocity with which you hit the ground. From what I've seen, initiating the jump attack while in the air increases your fall speed but only up to a certain threshold. As long as you're in the air for a sufficient amount of time you can reach it and trigger Heavy Impact.

In any case, using the Pendragon helmet together with a maxed Focus and Super Jump is enough to trigger it consistently even without using the jump attack.

Just using youtube's timer...

Your speed in using a melee from the "Climax", the maximum height of the jump, and all the rest, is roughly the same. About 2s from jump to fall...

However I did note that when you used a melee at the Climax, you gain some ~0.3s of extra air time compared to using the melee on the way down...

If I were to recall the number of long-jump activations I had, I definitely know the height is much lower than what I'm seeing at your vid, but I had more "air-time"

I guess I need to look at your vid again later at home, timer in hand, and see if I can squeeze out the millisecond differences of the procs and non-procs. :3

Ill keep that in mind!