Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe meets Alien Isolation: Phorid Beholder Manifestation concept..

(PSN)FriendSharkey

2018_warframe__phorid_beholder_by_dezara

I'm a fan of the chase...I enjoy a boss that makes you pee yourself when you hear it around the corner..you know it's hunting for you and you're in trouble if it see's you. You know them as the The Tank from Left 4 Dead...The Berserker from Gears of War...the T-Rex from Turok..on and on... Yet..In Warframe we are those nightmares and it's seldom we meet anything that doesn't fall to our frames and weapons of choice...Now before Warframe I would play a lot of Forge World in Halo Reach and Halo 3...I would spend hours creating elaborate Indiana Jones Maps using Kill Balls to terrorize my friends and I during those early days of 2007...I've been wanting that dread of feeling the KillBall hot on my heels again when entering a tileset that the Juggernaut was supposed to deliver on..but he's too small due to the constraints of the pathways..so you don't feel that dread...plus he's lost in the shuffle of the mob doing it's best to zerg rush you while he has a tendency to get hung up on the geometry..

So I got to thinking about Nidus and his Larva power..the tentacle horror he throws out to capture the enemy and suck them in...That fluid design..You could pack a rather large tentacle horror like that through the walkways...So The Beholder began to take shape in my mind as that singular boss unit meant to move easily through the tile sets and hunt the player down...

So I was thinking about a empty tileset you and it playing a blind game of cat and mouse...it can't see you...but it knows you're there and it's fast enough to keep up, listening for alarms and doors opening...you can only stun it twice to get away, but as for that you can't kill it..so you have to avoid it and complete your mission in order to escape...I was thinking perhaps this could be like the Gustrag 3 or the Stalker..only instead of it showing up...you instead show up to an abandoned map..and the music and lack of enemy units lets you know...you've triggered its assassination attempt...

Anyways totally enjoying Alien Isolation at the moment...you know how it goes when you play another game...you're like why can't we have this? So here's a drawing and the idea behind it...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

2015__warframe__infested__rattlers_and_m

This is an earlier version where it was a similar idea of the cat and mouse designed game play bordering on the Berserker from Gears of War..only it used the smaller Rattlers to pin point the players by them swarming around them while calling in the larger brute in to crush the team underfoot...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey