The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Moa and K-drive Bugged Mastery XP

Snorvyn

Hello DE. so here is very interesting and annoying bug I've encountered.
Moa companions and K-drives are currently Giving 3k Mastery XP (instead of expected 6k (at least for moas)). 
But main problem is not just how much XP they give, but HOW...

So far all items that were giving 6k (warframes, archwings, companions) had to get 900k Affinity to reach their max rank and were giving 200xp per level.
items that were giving 3k (like weapons) had to get only 450k affinity and were giving 100xp per level.

Now after gilding my Moa companion and starting to rank it from Rank 0...
unknown.png
It's earned over 131k affinity and is only at rank 11. which from the following chart (provided by Wikia) shows that Moa acts like a warframe/companion and had to get 900k  affinity to reach max rank.
unknown.png

But at the same time i checked my overall Mastery XP progress difference from before and after this mission. and it added ONLY 1600 mastery.
Now this means that even though it acts like warframe/companion when collecting affinity, it actually levels as WEAPON.... meaning with that 131k affinity it reached its lvl 16 and gave me 100xp per level for total of 1600XP... And after level 22 (for which you need over 450k affinity (enough to Max out a weapon)) it would've give me the 3000 XP as a weapon and STOP giving any more mastery for remaining levels till 30. 
This EXACT SAME bug is present for K-drives...

Now i'd love this to get fixed. I dont really care in what category you put these 2 items in (modular - to give 3k mastery or companion/transport to give 6k mastery) but please fix this so they EARN affinity the same way they give me mastery points. If its 6k - let them be maxed with 900k affinity, if its 3k mastery - let them get maxed with 450k affinity.

And PLEASE DE.... whenever you are implementing COMPLETELY NEW category of items like these two - announce in patch notes in what category they will fall in regarding mastery gain... You told us that Model part of Moa and Board part of K-drive give Mastery XP. but never mentioned how much they are supposed to give... Since these items can be perceived as both modular (which always gave 3k and companion/transport (which always gave 6K) it is really annoying and weird to understand how much are we supposed to get for them... 

Edited by Spirit

• 1 month later...