Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shockwave Moas Need A Nerf/removal Entirely

TheSmash

I am personally sick and tired of them. Three times in a row today, I've been utterly spammed and left completely defenceless by that stupid orange ring that they make. Multiple ones spawn at once, rush you JUST when you're surrounded by enemies and you get completely obliterated as any attempts to escape are futile. This may not be the case with all frames, such as Loki who can just turn invisible, but it most certainly is the case with frames like Ember that can't do anything at all.

It seems to be a problem mostly when playing Solo, which I have a tendency to do for reasons of lag and not wanting to rush the mission. Their spawn rate is too high for one person to deal with. All my revives today fell victim to shockwave moas and their merry band of Corpus buddies. Taking the two parties on alone is no problem, but when you put them together, you may as well not play at all. I wouldn't be complaining if it weren't total BS. I understand that knowdown is neccesary to increase the challenge of the game, but not when you get totally stun locked.

Possible fixes may include:

1. Reduce knockdown to just a simple knockback stun which doesn't last nearly as long.

2. Reduce spawn rate for shockwave moas according to number of players in the party.

3. Reduce shockwave moa shields, or remove entirely. (This can be justified by saying the power output needed to give off the shockwave was too big to sustain a shield as well.)

4. Remove them entirely and replace them with another form of Corpus enemy that is still challenging but in a less annoying way. Eg: Heavy Crewman.

Everytime I've failed that mission on War today due to the big dumb robo-birds, the experience towards my warframe's level has not counted, but exp towards weapons has. Is that intentional or a bug? That may need fixing too. It's annoying.

jump and shoot at same time or wall run while shooting them

br creative

look once you ll find out too beat them easily it will be boring

make the ennemie naughty plz

make them mad, thirsty of Tenno red blood

give them decoy abilitie too it's a must but a real decoy not loky one :/

(i assume we can see its a decoy cause we are teno)

also we need fast grineer

they are too slow

Edited by Tsoe

jump and shoot at same time or wall run while shooting them

br creative

look once you ll find out too beat them easily it will be boring

I know how to jump and shoot and dodge them but it's not always a possibility. Most often you get utterly trapped with nothing to do and die. That shouldn't be in the game at all because it is not justified. A player should always have control over their own character when faced with possible danger of death in a game. I was quite leniant saying it could be reduced to just a knockback, but the knockdown time is just too long and impossible to escape once you have been knocked down and are surrounded by more than one moa.

this game becomes fairly easy once you get a decent weapon like the Hek or gorgon high enough with the right mods that you can proceed to 3 hit anything that isnt an elite mob. Let the moas stay

I kill them in 2 shots with my Bronco. Despite this, the problem is still present. I do not lack skill, please do not accuse me of that.

Edited by TheSmash

If you're referring to stunlock, that's a problem that is addressed in it Ced's thread on such.

I was refering to the moas specifically. I never really get stunlocked by anything else, so I thought it might need to be addressed more specifically.

Thanks for infoming me about the other thread.

Edited by TheSmash

I kill them in 2 shots with my Bronco. Despite this, the problem is still present. I do not lack skill, please do not accuse me of that.

I didn't accuse you of that don't make up random BS

All I said was the game reaches the point where everything stops being a challenge the same Moas that I struggled with had become pointlessly easy and it's fairly pointless to Nerf.

The only time I see this being a problem is with 3-4 of them present but then again this is a co-op not really a solo game so you should expect stuff like this happening. PrOblems do occur that challenge solo players like grineer grinders or the infested chargers. They seem hardly unfair due to fact your getting all the focus. The moas aren't any different

Threads complaining about the shockwave moas used to pop up all the time. I assume most people learned how to deal with them, as they weren't nerfed in a patch and this is the first thread like this I've seen in a while.

As others have said, all you have to do is jump when their foot is about to come down. Jump slides are better because there's no pause in being able to shoot so you can kill them while in the air.

Edited by Sealgaire

Hmm. I fight solo all the time and shockwave moas arent that hard. One thing I notice is that you have a whole lot of time before they do their shockwave to either kill them or run back. They lift their foot up for several seconds.

You might try that.

All you need to do is either jump over the rings they make. Or stand in a location where that ring hits a terrain object that would block a bullet. Funny enough in my personal experiences while the ring travels over boxes, railings, and stairs it seems to lose it's actual effect after hitting them.

Maybe it's time to remove unskilled players instead of SW Moa's for a change.

Implying that I am unskilled. I just stated that it was an annoyance to me, that's what these feedback forums are for. If you're going to insult others for their opinions, I'd advise trying a different forum.

Hmm. I fight solo all the time and shockwave moas arent that hard. One thing I notice is that you have a whole lot of time before they do their shockwave to either kill them or run back. They lift their foot up for several seconds.

You might try that.

I have tried and it usually works. Just sometimes when there's 3 or 4 out of nowhere in a crowded room and they're all shockwaving at different times is when it gets annoying. It's only on certain missions though. I still think the spawn rate should compensate for fewer players.

They can be annoying if they sneak up on you. But they have so many alarms when coming its really hard. First the $&*&*#(%& sound they make, then after the sound you have ~5 sec till they stomp. What i learned in playing the game almost exclusively solo is that game does a great job of alarming you of the enemies via sound. Like melee teleport Grineer, regular melee Grineer, Shockwave Moas, Chargers, Heavy infested, Leapers - everything that has the tendency to screw you up with one move (except Lancers, those bastards are sneaky). So as soon as i hear any of the alarming sounds i make sure to not stand in place and fight it on my terms. Same with Moas, hear the retard sound, run before turning just to avoid everything (even if its not coming at that second) and then see what/who/where.

I ll also say that, when i started playing i tought to myself the same thing about all the strong ones. Moas! OMG stunlock ffs, Distruptors! OMG ALL MY SHIELD AND ENERGY GONE!!!, TOXICS OMG!! HES KILLING ME THROUGH SHIELDS. NERF, HOW CAN I BEAT THIS. Then i learned to deal with it all and now its easy no matter what frame/loadout i level up. Until i get shieldbash in my back.

I have absolutley no problems with them, and I find the Corpus to be the most balanced faction out there (I would've said Grineer, if it wasnt for those infuriating Grinders).

The biggest BS is when MOAs spawn from those pods and use their goddamn stomp INSIDE them.

This should get addressed though. Although, I have noticed that if they do that, the shockwave doesnt always knock you back.

Even though hose yellow SOB's are my most hated thing in this game, I think they need to stay. Otherwise here would be nothing in the corpus missions to make them a challenge. All corpus are so weak and easy to kill, that without the shockwaves you might as well ve out free XP rather than actually having corpus missions.

On the point of reballancing for single player. I think its fine as it is. In a co-op game it should absolutely be harder to play single player than with other ppl.

To avoid getting stun locked so often, change the way you play maybe. Rather than charging into every room, you might have to think about creative ways to do missions. Heaven forbid you might need to slow down a bit and take cover. It may also be the case that your just not high enough lvl to take on the missions your having trouble with(or not good enough).

For the most part, spawn rates and ballance is fine as is. The devs have much more important things to concentrate on than an enemy type that one/a few ppl are having difficulty with. Example. If they spend time dropping spawn rates, they cant be fixing lag problems, which is the reason you play solo in the first place.

Implying that I am unskilled. I just stated that it was an annoyance to me, that's what these feedback forums are for. If you're going to insult others for their opinions, I'd advise trying a different forum.

Please show me on this puppet where i directly insulted you.

If youre annoyed by 2-3 SW Moas' try a defense Mission in Eris. My record is roughly 30 seconds of not being able to do anthing because of stagger and knockdown. I love infested! ;)

Stunlock is a problem that is not specific to MOAs, it can happen with any enemy that is capable of a stun attack. I have been stunlocked by MOAs, Chargers, Grinders and... the little jumpy infestation dudes that i always forget the name... anyway, MOAs are fine with the exception of the Problem of Stunlock, but that's not a MOA specific problem.

Give everyone (all elite/boss enemies included) some cooldown before they can be stunned again, problem solved.

Please show me on this puppet where i directly insulted you.

It was not direct, it was implied. If you really weren't talking about me, then I appologise. In all honesty I did create this thread in quite a fit of anger. Perhaps it's not the Moa's themselves, but just running into a bad situation by chance. Stunlock is still a problem though, and the sooner they address it, the better.

Edited by TheSmash

I personally love the little bastards. I got butt#%¤!d by them so many times that it gives me epic satsifaction of watching them lift their leg ready to stomp the living hell out of me. Only to be 2 shotted by my Furax charge attacks. EAT IT BIRD. PAYBACK TIME!

However as my strategy is riski I do get killed by them plenty of times - tho i've stopped hating them. My new enemy are the Grineer Rollers - SO BLOODY ANNOYING.

Honestly I don't find shockwave moa a problem in the least. A couple of direct shots to the "head" with my Aklato (it's more like a turret really) and they go down. I find I kill most of them when they're winding up their shockwave.

Really, they don't need either a nerf or a removal in my opinon. I understand the OP's sentiment, I thought they were a pain in the &#! when I first went up against them, but with a little creative thinking, and a few levels, they really don't become an issue.

The game actually needs more enemies like that one, more variety of enemies and more difficulty is needed to maintain the appeal and challenge of this game which results in maintaining interest. If you want a nerf talk about the charger's supposed "weak claw attacks", weak my shiny &#!.