Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Tiles

Big_Ed

Have an event tile for all map types that has a small chance to spawn but is required to go threw to reach the objective or end of the map. Use your imagination an give your ideas.

For all mission types, you could have an ambush tile where the doors lock and you defend X waves. Mabe throw in random mini boss. For example Krill catches up to you an plans the ambush, so after X waves you fight him.

The Void, have a trap room that locks doors and a pressure plate that starts the room. Have the room only unlock after a series of un-killible lasers run thier course. Design the room so aiding a down player is impossible. If a frame's abilities nullify the rooms intention you can jus give them a hug after its over =D.

The only issue i have, that i haven't given ampel time to think about, is how to get everyone in the same room in an non-direct/obvious way. Gameplay wise , enless the event rooms are really short on duration, you dont want 2 people locked in the ambush room while everyone else has to wait outside doing nothing (altho this makes perfect sense logicaly, it hurts the game).

If this subject has been talked about in another thread plz by all means point me that way i would love to read others input.

Right, it would help with the pacing of the game. Also DE has made comments about how they dont like people rushing thier stages. 

The way they lock doors to slow us down only feels like their sealin their own doom atm.

Random Grennir: *bodys ablaze, screams of pain, shreding flesh* "I GOT IT GUYS!!, ill lock the doors" =D

Would change the game up instead of being the same old after a while, pretty sure almost everyone could agree with this. As you said there would definitely be issues with the people who ran the course ahead of the others and started the event room and then the others would be locked out, maybe it could be a level wide event, but still a room to activate that event. Also the way to the finish could be locked out, but not the rest of the level.

^Ya, thats the only way i could think. Do it like 2v2 is currently handled: everyone has a place to sit, then event starts. It would just be funny to see a big sign with an arrow that says "tenno sit here". Then lotus comes over the comms "OMGZ!? an ambush brace yourselfs" *doors lock*.

That would be perfectly acceptable to me tho, id lmao an enjoy the fun.

Looking at the layout of the game as it currently is, you can see we have "events" with audio ques an circumstances. So i know they intend on having features like this in the game. They just dont insist to get our attention rather than things we brush past without even noticing.

The only event in the game that grabs my personal attention an breaks my train of thought is the air decompression. This always being done by a player and a non scripted event leaves me with a "realy guys?" feeling over time. Change this to infested/Corpus/Grennir busting threw the window and your not aloud to close the metal plates til "it" or "said event mods" are dispatched, it would give more meaning. Ofcourse any humanoid would have said air packs.

This idea needs thought to be relevant in all game types. At this point in time DE is revamping game types. Some game types would need special exceptions, you dont wana get locked in a mini event on a survival mission.  Survival, and Defense would need the stalker effect <-- this is the most accessible way i could think of.

Quick question, in Rescue, if the npc gets lock behind a door does he teleport to you? If theres an effective way to start the event tile he should be with you anyway. I picture in my head Vor *locks room, event tile starts* text bubbles start popin up "you think you can just take whats mine!"

All these things im suggesting is just to make the world breath and to give the world a false sense of life. Only person in game that seems to have his own ship is stalker. Enless Tenno are just supper sneaky an never give thier location away =D.