The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PS4 - Gear Wheel Dilemma - Fixation Revisited

(PSN)Poestis

Okay, I am going to get crap for this from a few people, but then again a few will agree with me.

The Ask:
DE, Can you please add in a feature in Options > Controls where you can turn on and off the infinite wheel so it DOES NOT start at the beginning every time you open it as of the most recent update but the last item you used like it was before?

The Why:
At first I hated it, I didn't post about it because I figured I would reorganize my gear wheel around it (which I did, probably not the only one) putting useful things next to other useful things for certain missions, and of course putting energy/health/shield/ammo pizzas up front and not in the 4 corners when I could use the D-Pad to use them quick.  Now when I am playing, it's weird.  I got used to the 'where I left off' infinite gear wheel quicker than I thought, and actually giving it some time it seemed more efficient.  There is that and now I spam far too many healing pads for my liking because I am trying to use my last gear item which I stopped at.
My short term memory is out the window with the previous gear wheel starting where it stopped, like a fast train station location.. guess it's just my brain.  Or am I getting on the train after I blacked out and somehow I am back at the beginning?  I just think it would be great if there was an option to toggle this on and off.

PC can hotkey whatever they want, we need this for PS4 please.

Thanks for taking note.

PS. I am always unequipping my KDrive and Archwing in my gear wheel and then re-equipping it to be last on the list so it's always slightly left when I open my gear wheel, so I never have issues with that... seemed to work out pretty great to that extent.  Good tip for people who want to be FAST traveling on bounties/missions.

I posted this here because I didn't think if fit under UI options.. not that affects performance or anything, just in game wise when you take something like 30 seconds to scroll through your entire large gear wheel.

Edited by (PS4)bauchie
Fixing post, because my enter button is rushy and my keyboard is currently broken, geeze I hate it.