Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hybrid Weapons (Ranged + Mellee)

Renan.Ruivo

I think the main reason is because the basic system of combat in warframe, not to mention the lore, are based around the mastery of primary, secondary, and melee weapons.  DE considers this an essential system to maintain.  so I would not expect any "dual slot" weapons to ever become a thing.

I think the main reason is because the basic system of combat in warframe, not to mention the lore, are based around the mastery of primary, secondary, and melee weapons.  DE considers this an essential system to maintain.  so I would not expect any "dual slot" weapons to ever become a thing.

Actually "dual slot" weapons is exactly what i meant. Technically, given what has been achieved already, i have no doubts that it can be done. Now of course i don't expect a cloned staff weapon from Stargate, but any sort of staff weapon (of which we only have two at the moment) can be eligible to fire energy projectiles (or flamethrower!)

Actually "dual slot" weapons is exactly what i meant. Technically, given what has been achieved already, i have no doubts that it can be done. Now of course i don't expect a cloned staff weapon from Stargate, but any sort of staff weapon (of which we only have two at the moment) can be eligible to fire energy projectiles (or flamethrower!)

Technically, we have 4 staff weapons: Bo (hahahahaha), Amphis, Orthos, Orthos Prime.

And yes, one that also has a projectile attack like the Goa'uld staffs would be awesome. I could see it being used by a Corpus leader, such as in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/96733-alternate-and-new-faction-designs/

Also, melee with primary isn't out of the realm of possibility. Enemy units already melee with their rifles if you are too close, just needs some tweaking to be applied to Tenno.