Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow And Rifle Mods

aggrippa

So I've been using the dread for a while and I have to say, none of the mods seem specialized for bows. Sure the rifle mods carry over, but the bow is still different. For instance the Fast trigger, ammo drum, Fast Hands mods etcetera seem as useless on bows as the stun or stager mods are on there respective weapons.

There doesn't seem to be a mod which reduces the much needed charge effect. Meanwhile the melee weapons all have this mod (or at least the swords do). considering the low rate of fire, power and silence are pretty much the main benefits of this weapon. getting an opponent to hold still long enough to get it fully charged isn't always practical. Especially if their a long ways away or the system glitches up and they seem to teleport randomly.

Also The Shotguns and pistols can easily be equipped with status effects or elements such as Ice, Fire and the always useless electricity. I've yet to come across these sorts of mods for an arrow or rifle. While using half pound guillotine shaped arrows to impale or eviscerate opponents is seriously awesome, it just seems half hearted not to give you a fire arrow. at the very least it could use a poison/disease arrow. Something witch deals long term damage on boss types. and exploding arrow (Rambo style) or even a smoke arrow would really change things up.

I for one would enjoy the added versatility and customization. This might seem a little to Onimusha Demon Siege or Dragon Age II for some, but I'd still enjoy it.

Also being able to load multiple arrows per a shot Robin Hood/Uriyu Ishida style, would be nice

Edited by aggrippa

There is a bow specific mod for exploding arrows. It's called Thunderbolt, and despite being a rare ranked mod is not all that uncommon. Think I've had 7 drop within this past week on Kappa.

There is also a Rifle Mod called Shred that will further decrease your charge time along with Speed Trigger and allow your arrows to pierce through targets instead of just pushing them all into each other.

Hellfire, Cryo Rounds, and Stormbringer are the rifle elemental mods you're looking for, they do exist.

Edited by Roltair

There is a bow specific mod for exploding arrows. It's called Thunderbolt, and despite being a rare ranked mod is not all that uncommon. Think I've had 7 drop within this past week on Kappa.

Which is stupid because then it's not that rare and some people actually bought plat packs for those mods.

Umm, you probably just don't have all the mods yet, my arrows freeze, burn and electrocute enemies all at the same time, also if you have thunderbolt, they have a 30% chance to explode, also, with Shred and Speed trigger, it charges 90% faster at max ranks.

There is also a Rifle Mod called Shred that will further decrease your charge time along with Speed Trigger and allow your arrows to pierce through targets instead of just pushing them all into each other.

Hellfire, Cryo Rounds, and Stormbringer are the rifle elemental mods you're looking for, they do exist.

Thank you for the info. I'll definetly have to check Kappa then. Any idea where to find Hellfire Stormbringer and cryo rounds and shred?

...I'll definetly have to check Kappa then. Any idea where to find Hellfire Stormbringer and cryo rounds and shred?

Thunderbolt is also in the Tier 3 Defense Reward tables. ~2% chance.

Shred is obtainable through Nightmare missions, it's not that hard to get.

I recommend http://warframe.wikia.com if you need more information. Not all information are up-to-date,

or 100% correct, but it's a good source for all WF related knowledge.

I've been using Dread again and I have to say most of the ones you've picked are still pretty useful for it. Except Fast Hands. Although Ammo Drum doesn't give out as many arrows as it does rounds for a regular rifle, it still does increase you're inventory. Speed Trigger is almost a must, faster time on drawing your arrow meaning you'll have better dps overall. Another good one to have is split chamber.