Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn Affinity Orb Into Pct Xp Boost

Tudi69

Right now affinity orbs ( white orbs from chests ) give 100 affinity. Compare that to a generic 20000 affinity gain for a mission. That means 0.5% XP. It's pointless to run around for them even after you leave the first planet, killiken already starts to give you 3k XP / mission and has only max 5 orbs ?.

On lower levels flat gain white orbs are okish. BUT to bring out the farming beast, how about make the affinity orb give you an overall % boost to your mission XP gain ? That way you would hunt  these orbs and try to get as many as possible instead simply ignoring them on the ground.

Does not need to me much. Make it 0.25% gain, but make it a multiplicative stack.

Get 1 orb, your final mission XP scales by 1.25

Get 2 orbs, your final mission XP scales by 1.25 * 1.25 = 1.5625

Get 5 orbs, your final mission XP scales by  3.0517578125

In case additively :

Get 1 orb, your final mission XP scales by 1.25

Get 2 orbs, your final mission XP scales by 1.25 + 1.25 = 1.5

Get 5 orbs, your final mission XP scales by  6.25

Not sure you can get more then 5 orbs in generic case, maybe if you try really hard...

Edited by Tudi69

I actually agree with this. In fact, this could be something really interesting. We could have the rate at which these orbs drop based on level and stage difficulty, which would reward affinity on a difficulty curve. Of course, 1.25 multiplicative seems a bit too much (this should be balanced). White orbs really lose their significance at later levels and ranks, and I'd love to see this happen to change how they are perceived.

The major issue is with what affinity really does besides ranks for warframes and weapons. I'd want to see something new being used with affinity such that this idea would be really beneficial. Other than that, really nice idea.

Affinity booster?

is it available for the people that do not own platinum ?

maybe if guns and frames could hit level 40 or something but you would level up way too fast 

You are a silver novice. For you probably this change does not make a difference ? This would mostly impact people who XP farm 25 hours a week. It would reduce farm time maybe to half ?

Edited by Tudi69

There is a reason why this won't probably happen. Affinity boosters. Devs need money that's why they made affinity boosters. If you need to lv that badly you can just buy them and support the devs with money. If you add XP boost its going to kill affinity boosters unless it stacks with your idea. Honestly though I don't need any boost in XP I can easily get to lv 25 in one day if I keep doing non stop defense. But that's just my opinion 

Edited by alphex