Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Joycon motion control: slow movement/deadzone

(NSW)DuraltVihar

When moving the joycon really slowly, such as tracking a distant strafing target, spearsfishing, and sometimes mining, the reticle very smoothly moves in the opposite direction after a moment, making slow movements basically impossible. Sometimes I've turned 90 degrees in my chair to keep up with it. It feels sort of like a deadzone, as I have to move fast enough for it to not try to return to the original position. IDK if this happens with a Pro controller as I don't have one.

I've been really enjoying this so far, as my PC cant run PoE or Fortuna due to memory problems (opens 4GB pagefile) but this is the largest issue I've been having, aside from the well known input lag which comes 2nd to this imo.

Edit: Dunno if this was fixed in hotfix 3 as login servers are still having issues
Edit 2: not fixed in Hotfix 3

Edited by (NSW)DuraltVihar
See Edit2

its not a random direction, it goes in the opposite direction as the slow movements, IE you aim(makes it easier) and very slowly turn left, it'll pull right in a smooth even motion til after you stop. Even if you're moving fast in one direction and slowly in a 2nd direction (turning left and slowly aiming up for example), it'll trigger then, basically eliminating the upward movement unless you move up faster. Aiming's not as big an issue as it's usually a snap movement, but tracking a target after the initial movement is very difficult because of this.

Either way, can we get some staff acknowledgement? 

• 1 month later...

It seems this also happens in other games, this video at 0:53 shows exactly what im experiencing.

Lag, i can deal with, just some anticipation and you're golden
but this is a real problem, it also happens when moving fast on direction and slow in another at the same time ( IE: fast left, slightly up)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Six months since Warframe released on Switch and it's still so bad. It takes so much patience to use anything that has semiautomatic fire. Fishing spears, bows, rifles, snipers, pistols. The drift really takes the fun out of them and people will probably spend less platinum on anything for them.

• Like 1