Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

24.2's Nyx ability sfx are very loud

Natorei

I love the attention that Nyx got with 24.2-- her passive and first ability changes are very good. However, despite being a good idea, the new sound effects added to Nyx's Mind Control and Chaos abilities are deafeningly loud. 

Using the new Chaos sound effect as an example, the new "wind-up" portion of the sound effect plays at a very high volume level, comparatively higher than most other sfx in the game. It's louder than loud weapons such as Rubico, Boltor Prime, and heavy melee and slam attacks; it's louder than "foreground" sounds such as Boss and Lotus dialogue; it's louder than any ability on the other warframes I've used since 24.2 released, namely Ember Prime, Ash Prime, Mirage, and Nova. The volume imbalance is particularly problematic because of the high number of casts Nyx generally delivers in her favored defensive game modes. 

Without going into too much detail about my personal experience, I had been playing for a significant amount of time on patch day, but a single short mission with Nyx was enough to force me first to turn down my game and then to quit entirely. I later returned solely to specifically compare sfx for the above examples, but as it stands, the overwhelming nature of Nyx's ability sfx are enough to prevent me from using her, despite her status as one of my favorite frames. 

The sound balance for Absorb and Psychic Bolts seems to be fine. Additionally, the sfx volume is only too loud for the player using Nyx; players standing near (or even on top of) Nyx hear the new effects at reasonable volume levels. 

I have not compared the sounds for Nyx Prime versus standard Nyx; all comparisons were gathered using Nyx Prime. 

Edited by Natorei