Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Be Angry Let Me Talk First

rechot

PvP wait don't yell at me yet. as you probably seen about a 1000 post like this let talk about the weapons. For PvP to work there has to be absuluty no mods. i say no mods because when you look at a warframes base health compared to the weapon damage it seems legit and reasonable. second we need a new set of abilitys for each warframe that are weaker and evened out. third the maps need to be big for use of free running and other elements of the game. or you could simply make PvP a player based decision. For example they use the map maker you use to make random maps only they choose the rooms, and to add on to that they can restrict mods they don't want saying thats OP or leave some for the players. What do you think on my idea. does this seem good or to big of a update. 

Not a post for or against PvP but how the PvP should go if it exists. 
I like that, less butthurt flying around. 
The mapmaking idea is essentially we're building a level map for pvp on? That would be cool, although we have enough trouble just putting our dojos together right at the moment. Having custom PvP tiles to make custom PvP maps might be too much to ask for. 

No. Why? Because DE has already stated PvP will probably never be balanced or messed with more then what they plan to do with in U10, which is release 2vs2 Duels which is technically already around albeit glitched in, it's there and you can get to it. But yeah, there is no point in taking the time to make and code 4 new abilitys for the 14 existing Frames already and than balance it all, just so you can have a better "PvP Expierence" in a completely PvE based game, why even bring this up? The game still has a long way to go PvE wise and if they for some odd reason ever switch to complete focus on PvP I'll lose all reason to even bother with this game, and probably go back to a game like FireFall or something where I already know PvP is in.

Hey Op, I don't want to rain down on you, and I'm not trying to jump down on you, but this is dirctly from the website:

"Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Join your friends in player-vs-enemy raids across the solar system and master the power of the Warframes."

DE Devs have already said in Live Streams that there are enough PVP shooters out there, Warframe is not for that.

Hell during the last game convention they went too, they were bombard with questions about everything else, and PVP was hardly brought up.

PvP Balance is a oxymoron, it simply can't exist and if it did, people would be suggestive about it anyways, thus creating the illusion of imbalance anyway.

That all said, the Devs are working on adding something to the mix for those that would like a little more PvP, but understand that the game will not be altered FOR the sake of PvP, Ever.

Stay Safe Tenno! See you out on the rails!

Edited by Arkfall

smart PVP is based around the concept of different but equivalent options for all sides (ie see moba's and SMITE, tons of options for different chars/builds, but not OP for any ONE char/build)

currently WF is just toying with PVP while their main focus is (and should be) on the PVE game (which needs A LOT of work)

hopefully in the future DE will take more time to flesh out a better overall PVP system, but I do not think that should be their current focus, thought it would be in their best interest to do something more with this in the future (as it will add long-term playability to the game)