Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cryopod Bug

BeastBound

So I found a weird, yet exploitable bug that I wish to report.

On Hydron I was trying to level up a new Warframe, and when using new Warframes I tend to use the Vazarin tree :vazarin: with them to increase the affinity radius and to heal them with protective dash to make it easier for me to level up and survive during the mission.

The weird bug that I noticed is when I accidentally triggered it by using protective dash with the cryopod.

How I stumbled onto it is when I was in the mission, one of my team mates took fatal damage and was put into the bleed out state, and usually when I go to help them I go into my operator form and dash straight to them and go into void mode to avoid getting downed myself, and he was behind the cryopod.

Before the bug happened the cryopod was fairly damaged and had around 30k health out of the 47k that it usually had. (If I remembered correctly)

So when I dashed through the cryopod and revived my team mate, I took a quick glance at how much health the cryopod had left and it was at full health.

I was completely confused how the cryopod had regained so much health in a short amount of time, so when the mission was over, I went on solo and did the same mission again, I had a sneaking suspension for what had caused it to gain so much health back and believed it had something to do with my protective dash.

So I ran some tests for how it caused it, mind you by the way that I did not wish to exploit this bug, I merely wanted to figure out how it was caused so I can provide as much detail as possible to help fix this bug, & after the tests I made sure not to replicate it for my own gain.

Anyways, after letting the cryopod get damaged a fair chunk (around 30k) I killed all the enemies nearby using my Frost Prime fourth ability to clear them out and quickly dashed through the cryopod to see if the bug would happen again.

At first nothing happened, so I thought "Okay, so maybe something or someone else caused it to regain so much health."

That is until for a split second it gain a good boost of health before regening normally, I was confused.

So I used my Frost Prime fourth ability again to kill any nearby enemies and dash through the cryopod again, and suddenly it started regening health at really fast speed, It went from 35k to 47k around 2 seconds.

I then did the test one more time making it lose down to 20k health, I killed all nearby enemies again, but waited until it started regening health as it normally does, once it started regening health, I dashed through it, it started to regen health very quickly again, it went from 20k to 47k in a matter of seconds.

So from what I understand, by using protective dash on a damaged cryopod while it is regening health will cause the the regen to amplify based on percent instead of a flat amount.

After figuring it out, I abandoned the mission and went straight here to tell my findings now, hopefully this information will be enough to help fix this exploitable bug.

I only tested this on Hydron defense, I do not know if this same bug can work on other similar missions or on other similar defense objectives.

Although Hydron defense is not difficult enough (to me) to really make use of this bug, I am worried that it can be replicated on much more difficult and higher lvl missions making really tough missions a breeze just by exploiting this bug.

Hopefully I helped by providing so much information and soon this bug will be fixed.

Edit

So, the reason for this edit is to provide more information about this bug; so I did some more testing, and I found out that this bug does not just happen on Hydron, it happens on any map that has a cryopod similar to the one on Hydron.

Mars - Spear, Earth - Lith, Practically any mission that has a cryopod is affected by this bug which makes this problem possibly much worse.

Additionally some of you may think, "Maybe this bug is on purpose, after all, you can affect hostages with the dash and they are targets you have to defend." Which is true, but hostages are more like allies, where cryopods are more like objects that should not be affected by healing/buffs unless there is an ability/mods/item specifically for that purpose.

For example abilities such as bless, renewal, and banish works on hostages, yet you can not affect a cryopod with such abilities. So why does protective dash have an exception? The only reason why is because it is a bug of course.

Another interesting discovery is that this bug affects all cryopods except two, the one in the Void & the one in the Derelict on defense.

The reason why is because those are different from any regular cryopod, even though they work the same way as normal ones do, they are not affect by protective dash at all and the only idea as of why is... because it looks different? To be honest that seems to be the only reason, it works the same, it is named as a warframe cryopod as usual, but it looks different from normal cryopods, and when I use protective dash from different angles, it does not amplify its health regen, it does not even let me phase through it normally.

Whatever the case is, it is not affected by protective dash, which should provide that this is more certainly a bug towards regular cryopods, I hope that this additional information helps aim towards the problem.

Also there are some more smaller details that I commented below if some are willing to check it out.

Edited by BeastBound
To provide more information about this bug.

I've seen number of other players using it as well. Although, I don't really know if it's a glitch, or that the defense target is considered as an ally for this focus ability. It's not game breaking, but if it's unintentional, I guess it is a bug. We don't know if it's intentionally an ally or not. You can try using other ally abilities. Like Trinity Bless or Limbo Banish. If that affects it as well, or not. And try other focus abilities which affect allies. If none of those affect it, but this does, then it is an unintentional bug that players have been "using". 

12 hours ago, OnGuard said:

I've seen number of other players using it as well. Although, I don't really know if it's a glitch, or that the defense target is considered as an ally for this focus ability. It's not game breaking, but if it's unintentional, I guess it is a bug. We don't know if it's intentionally an ally or not. You can try using other ally abilities. Like Trinity Bless or Limbo Banish. If that affects it as well, or not. And try other focus abilities which affect allies. If none of those affect it, but this does, then it is an unintentional bug that players have been "using". 

Well, I find it weird too, it should not be considered as an ally since the cryopod is more of an object rather than an ally, and Trinity's bless does not heal or buff it, and Limbo's banish does not affect the cryopod for that it can only be placed into the rift if he uses his fourth ability.

It makes sense that abilities can be affected by living and/or moving allies that you have to defend; I have used Oberon on defection missions to make sure that the squads live throughout the missions and his renewal works on them. Yet when I use Renewal onto the cryopod on Hydron, it does nothing. Thus confirming that it is not an ally, more of a object.

I would like to use other focus abilities to test more, but I have not been really focusing on upgrading my focus trees, so I can not do that.

Also, Protective dash heals a certain percentage amount of health as soon as it touches a target, which works on allies as soon a you touch them, yet it has a weird interaction to where the cryopod would not heal until it starts regening itself. Which means that if you dash into the cryopod and it does not regen at all during the five seconds of healing the protective dash provides, it will not regen a single hp, only while its regening does it amplify the health regen, which proves more that this is an unintentional bug.

Also after I posted about the glitch I did some more testing on other defense missions with objects you had to defend.

I first went to Spear on Mars and see if the glitch does not just work on Hydron, the defense mission on mars also had a cryopod similar as the one on Hydron except with less health, so I let the cryopod take damage, killed everyone nearby, and dash through, and the same thing happened, it regened health very quickly only while it regened itself.

This means that it is not just Hydron affected with this bug, it affects possibly any mission that has a cryopod that you had to defend.

I then went to the Void onto the mission Taranis, the reason why is because the defense cryopod there is different from normal defense cryopods.

So I tested the glitch onto the cryopod on Taranis and I was surprised, Protective dash did nothing to the cryopod; I even let it regen and try again, it still did nothing and not boost the regen, I dashed into it again and again and it did not amplify its regen.

Knowing that, it only affects normal cryopods, if that does not prove to be some sort of bug, I do not know what will.