The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Heavy Thought For Warframe.

EclipsedHusky

Hey now, there's been a lot of player interest in beards. The only problem DE is trying to work out is that they don't want to have stats on cosmetic items anymore, and once you add a beard to something it's instantly at least twice as good. One of the art guys put a beard on an Acrid and when tested it in game it instantly won the internet. But they're working on it.

Hey now, there's been a lot of player interest in beards. The only problem DE is trying to work out is that they don't want to have stats on cosmetic items anymore, and once you add a beard to something it's instantly at least twice as good. One of the art guys put a beard on an Acrid and when tested it in game it instantly won the internet. But they're working on it.

Needs more dwarf.

They need to keep adding content to keep the game feeling alive, the Tenno reinforcements and major updates are like my lifeblood, but I do agree they should really work on stuff like

UI
Balancing
simplifying social interactions (choosing hosts, strict nat issues, bugs related to not being friends with people)
PvP <- Yeah I said it

rather than trading or new mods or whatever. Obviously their whole team should be utilized but they need more people to work on numbers and mechanics to get everything in a good spot, obviously their artists and animators are a lot quicker at making amazing quality work than their engineers. Scott just seems like a loose-cannon with balancing sometimes, I don't know if anyone is even helping him with that stuff.

hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg

k thanks :D

So, yes.  It would definitely help the game if DE took some time to focus on bugs and balances.  However, every time i hear someone say this, I always imagine what would happen without our flow of Tenno Reinforcements and whatnot...  how long will all the fixes take?  How long of a new content hiatus will take place until everything is worked out the way we ask? 

That being said, what if it took too long..?  Weeks or months of hotfixes with no new content?  How many people will get bored of the game and leave with nothing new to keep them interested?

I doubt it DE will ever hit the brakes on new content, but if we get too little new content over a long enough period, will everyone be willing to stick with them the until it's all tweaked?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of dedicated players that will stick with it, but not everyone is as dedicated..  DE is giving us cake and circuses to keep us interested, and for the better I believe.

Edit: apologies for the picture, but I needed something to help catch your eyes instead of just being glanced over.

However long it took to for once get a meaningful update would be worth it and the community would understand good things take time.  As it is many of us have been waiting months for an update that isn't guns and tilesets or cheesy tweaks and I don't believe that update will ever come now.  The game is going to remain in arrested development for the rest of its unimaginative life.

Edited by alocrius

I doubt DE will ever fix their bugs.

Scarves are too god damn important for bugs.

I don't have a problem with the Art department whipping up stuff.

What are they going to do while everyone is out fixing bugs?

While it is true that DE should adjust thier focus a bit, it does not make sense to condem artwork as being the reason of delay.

Game development houses have a multitude of people from different fields.

Designers are not programmers.