The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Questions regarding networked games hosting

cyborgseadog

Hi,

I have a couple of network-related questions how Warframe manages hosting games.

Questions:

- Does the user interface setting respect the latency limit? I have a maximum of 150ms selected, but the host is often slower. I'm assuming the game does a simple ping a few times and it may just coincidently be fast at that time.
- Does the user interface setting respect the region? I have Europe selected, but when there is bad latency I have asked the host where he is from, this was sometimes outside Europe. It could be they are lying or using a VPN I suppose.
- (Feature request) Is it possible in some way to exclude 4G users from hosting a game? I had a particular bad example today with someone hosting a game using 4G and wi-fi with ping 150ms spikes up-to 800ms. A month ago or so there was even someone in a German train using his laptop on 4G playing Warframe being host, which is funny and admirable it even works at all 🙂
- (Feature request) Is it possible to force myself being a host (and perhaps just wait a while longer for a game)? I have a good cabled connection and it would solve the above points.

To end with a positive note: I think Warframe runs very well in co-op games even with 150+ ms (stable) ping though.

Thanks and happy holidays,