Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Mastery Rewards

H0lt

Being at mastery 12 and feeling like you got nothing for all those dumb tests (4 of which have been identical) sucks. What should we do about that?

I HAVE AN IDEA!

My proposal is that for every mastery rank you gain a set of bonuses to your Frame your powers and your weapons.

Something like

shields/health +10%

weapon damage +2% Melee +4%

Power Strength +2 percent not sure

Power duration +2%

Stretch +2%

Melee charge and attack speed +1%

This is all per mastery rank and i don't see any of it as breaking the game. I figured it out and the most you get out of any one category is the equivalent of a maxed vigor. That's not unreasonable for 300+ hours of game play. Its something a little extra to help you feel like you are advancing even when you are to the point that you are just farming cores because you have nothing left to build.

Why should Mastery matter for anything other than bragging rights?

I'm still wondering why we need to level twenty different melee weapons (hypothetically) in order to use a Hek shotgun, or why we need to unlock a few different frames before we can use the Supra.

Why should that stuff matter other than to give people who enjoy treadmills a cookie at the end of the grind?

I would prefer something decorative

I very much agree.

Don't like it, I prefer slots for every 4 ranks

As someone with more than enough slots, I would not like this, though I could see it still being an option as 99% (number pulled out of my &#!) of the community needs more slots.

Why should Mastery matter for anything other than bragging rights?

Which brings me back to 

I would prefer something decorative

I don't see what the problem with this would be.  A buff to all stats shouldn't be disregarded because some stats aren't as good for certain things they apply to.

Why should you get a buff to only certain Warframes for demonstrating mastery in most of them? All benefits should be able to apply to any frame in the game.

Why should you get a buff to only certain Warframes for demonstrating mastery in most of them? All benefits should be able to apply to any frame in the game.

You're taking OPs post too literally.  If passive bonuses were to be added, they would most likely be for each stat that a mod can boost.  Examples would be what the OP listed, but that is not the limit to which they would exist.

You're taking OPs post too literally.  If passive bonuses were to be added, they would most likely be for each stat that a mod can boost.  Examples would be what the OP listed, but that is not the limit to which they would exist.

Pretty much but i still don't see how the across the board stat boosts i suggested favor any frame.

I'm sorry i realize i said frame i meant these to be across the board for your entire account.

I agree with this.  I would rather show off that I'm rank whatever than have minor, unnoticable, bonuses (you're going to tell me that you really notice 5% stretch?).

I'm not a showboaty person i don't really care if people know my rank and such. I just want a bonus of some kind for the dedication to trying everything that mastery represents. I also don't think these bonuses are to little to matter they are gradual but they do add up.

so...more power creep.

Yep more power creep, and were not even out of beta yet!

The problem is being on officer in a military organization does not really make you better at shooting people. It gives you a visible badge that those around them can recognize as a sign of authority. I know Warframe does not have military based ranks (nor should it) but mastery should follow the same idea. Give the players something that shows they have been playing Warframe since the beginning of time. Something new players can recognize as "This person maybe able to answer my question" and give guidance and old players can see as a sign they know what they are doing.