Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Clan Emblem] Feedback & Improvement request!

Zaikeria

Hello all!

I have spent the last couple of days designing the emblem for my clan (Acolytes of the First Order) but wish to ask for some feedback and advice before submitting it.

AFO-Completed-V1.2.1_MINI.png

The Base design is originally based on the canon first order logo

there is 14 spikes (rather than the original 16) which represent the 14 main planets in the game (merc, venus, earth, mars, jup, sat, ura, nept, pluto, ceres, eris, europa, sedna and phobos) and the border is inspired from the sith empire logo. The text is just the clan name in starwars letters! (which i swear I cant read *cough*imsuchanerd*cough*)

I am wondering if I should perhaps attempt some sort of shading (ive seen some crazy as logos out there, and have no idea how people even do it) or if the simplicity is better suited. (the simplicity being near the edge of my current electronic art skill)

I am also wondering/preying weather the logo will have any issues with warframes term of service (since despite a quick google search I have no idea if the FO logo is copyright or just trademarked)

Any help would be so much appreciated ^^

Edited by Zaikeria
Fixing Spoiler Tag

The white is too bright, you need to keep your colors at 200/200/200 max.

Also if you want to preview what its going to look like in game, go into photoshop, duplicate the layer, set the top duplicate to "screen" and then apply a gaussian blur set to 3.0

This is what i would guess the game will make it look like once it gets in game:

7b6cf3aee1.png

The outside is also going to have issues because of the boarder being white

This is my clan emblem:

This is the original before i lowered the levels: Qj7Lkeb.png

Same image with the white set to 200:PhlLNco.png

This is how it looks in game:

Spoiler

dBvjFBl.jpg

You can see that the "dark purple" turns into a "bright violet", still too bright for me but im lazy and its eh okay...

Id go with something like this: YAgGkn8.png

Which should be something like this in game: 32da9f8590.png

thats using the info in this thread:

From that thread, this: 80w.png4e9.png
Becomes this: fqp.png

Edited by Dabnician

I'd honestly forgotten how much wf's lighting intensifies things actually. Im using paint.net but I should be able to tweak it fine, thankyou 😄

P.S. your clan emblem is awesome af!

Edited by Zaikeria
P.S.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-02 at 12:49 PM, Zaikeria said:

I'd honestly forgotten how much wf's lighting intensifies things actually. Im using paint.net but I should be able to tweak it fine, thankyou 😄

P.S. your clan emblem is awesome af!

Just saw this mate, good luck let me know if you need an assist on tweaking stuff, Also Thanks ive been really iffy about it cause i wasnt sure if anyone liked it 😛