The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Questions?

Kobalt

Question

5 answers to this question

You could always use the skill and count the seconds, if it's not too much trouble.

I'm thinking about mod investment and return. The problem with simply counting them is that it won't be precise. I don't have the room on my hard drive to record myself and use that to find out, but I would think someone has probably done this or the information is somewhere. I just can't seem to find it on these forums!

Problem with even trying to use range mods is that they are percentage based. Meaning, a smaller initial radius does not multiply nearly as well as a larger one (like Crush or other large AOE abilities).

I've tried some myself, but I didn't care for the mediocre difference and rather put more useful mods in those slots. World on Fire didn't seem to have much of any effect, I couldn't really tell on Overheat (no visible radius to see), and Fire Blast seemed slightly larger at best. Never enough to bother continuing to use range mods.

Problem with even trying to use range mods is that they are percentage based. Meaning, a smaller initial radius does not multiply nearly as well as a larger one (like Crush or other large AOE abilities).

I've tried some myself, but I didn't care for the mediocre difference and rather put more useful mods in those slots. World on Fire didn't seem to have much of any effect, I couldn't really tell on Overheat (no visible radius to see), and Fire Blast seemed slightly larger at best. Never enough to bother continuing to use range mods.

Thanks Direcyphre, I won't bother checking into it then. I'm sure the amount of slots I would need to make it worth while would deny me health/shields I really need. I think I will focus on Power Duration/Strength to imrove on my abilities for now!

I added over 100% in power range mods on Ember and saw no effect. I then swapped them over to Rhino and his Stomp appeared to tripplin in range. I tested with Embers ring of fire in the same spot on a defense misson both with the power range mods and without. The ring did not increase in size and enemies got burned at the spots (at the edge of the fire ring).

I dont think these should be overlooked, as a casting class. I was in a group where a Volt was in the room with the 2 elevators (where people used to use the catwalk to get throgh fast) and he cleared the whole room, top and bootom because he had range mods. Range mods can be amazing.

Edited by bptamblyn