Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps3 Controller On Warframe?

ShadowVizion

Question

Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right section for this question but i need some help.

I used to play warframe on my gaming computer but since i moved im using my laptop, and the laptop pad sort of sucks for me when i try to move around and shoot. So im trying to use my PS3 controller to play warframe. Is it possible? i already saw a couple people using thier xbox controller to play warframe.

If there is a way to use my ps3 controller to play, how can do that? *btw i have a dualshock 3 wireless controller with its usb cable.*

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Actually, yes it is possible, I play everyday with my PS3 controller, because I find that I have the exact same problem as you.

What I use is http://www.motioninjoy.com/

This tool allows you to install a driver for the PS3 controller onto your computer, and there are plenty of options to choose from.

It sort of work like a controller emulator, so it sees that you're using a PS3 controller as input and outputs it into the computer as an Xbawks Controller through emulation.

Hope this helps, happy hunting :D

Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right section for this question but i need some help.

I used to play warframe on my gaming computer but since i moved im using my laptop, and the laptop pad sort of sucks for me when i try to move around and shoot. So im trying to use my PS3 controller to play warframe. Is it possible? i already saw a couple people using thier xbox controller to play warframe.

If there is a way to use my ps3 controller to play, how can do that? *btw i have a dualshock 3 wireless controller with its usb cable.*

Thanks!

The way mine is setup is like this..

1. Download Better DS3 http://betterds3.ciebiera.net

2. Plug in your joystick

3. Open Better DS3, When it opens.. Next to "selected profiles" click NEW then Xinput

4. Put in your profile name and then click Autofill and save profile

5. Click the profile you just made and click apply and you should be good.

Edited by Jairtheshadow

Jair, I tried your way, but my ps3 did not show up on the Better DS3 screen, what did i miss?

Showo, i heard that motionjoy gives viruses and messes your system so i don't really trust it, is everything ok with motionjoy now? and if so, how do i set it up?

Yeah it's fine, I've had no problems and I've been using it for almost a year.

This video should help you, it helped me:

Jair, I tried your way, but my ps3 did not show up on the Better DS3 screen, what did i miss?

Showo, i heard that motionjoy gives viruses and messes your system so i don't really trust it, is everything ok with motionjoy now? and if so, how do i set it up?

ahh sorry i left one step.

you gotta install the motion joy driver.

the program it self is what can give you viruses and other stuff.

here's the driver http://www.mediafire.com/download/dj5hk15m7a1dd84/M+Joy+7.01.zip

Edited by Jairtheshadow