The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

HUGE Lag Problems on Performance PC

Tenno_ciousD

I'm having difficulties with the game freezing briefly approximately every three seconds or so. It seems very measured to me in comparison to most performance issues I've seen before. There seems to be almost a rhythm to it, in fact: three seconds at speed, one second stopped. My build specs are as follows:

ASUS X470 Prime Motherboard

Ryzen 7 2700X Processor

16 GB DDR4 @3200mHz; CL15

500GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD

1TB Sandisk Sata 3 SSD

EVGA GTX1080 GPU

ASUS 4K Monitor running on DisplayPort

400 mb/s Internet connection

I am a computer technician myself, so I have already optimized my download cache, updated all my drivers, etc. that would be standard procedure for any basic application maintenance.

The game ran flawlessly at 1080p on my old computer (an Intel NUC7i5, which has a mediocre Intel i5 processor build with onboard graphics), however, runs very poorly on my new one (with the above specs) at 4K. Games like Skyrim, Injustice 2, Final Fantasy XIV, and Fallout 4 all run beautifully at 4K/60fps, with little to no frameskip or frame dropping to speak of. This leads me to believe that the issue is NOT one caused by my hardware.

I would very much like to return to playing your game, but will unfortunately be unable to do so until this problem is resolved. Any insight or solution to the matter would be appreciated. Thank you.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, Tenno_ciousD said:

I'm having difficulties with the game freezing briefly approximately every three seconds or so. It seems very measured to me in comparison to most performance issues I've seen before.

Just for testing - disable multithreaded rendering in the launcher and see if the freezes go away or at least become rarer.

I have split second freezes too with multithreaded rendering but almost only in ESO. If I turn it off they stop. (Its not an optimal solution though ofc, i lose 40-45% FPS. It's not a problem in anything but Vallis though.)

i5 6600k / Gtx1070

I'm an intel 6700k 1060 6gb user my friend is a 7700k 1080ti both 16 gb 3200ghz ram 1080p monitors this has been happening after the latest update, the game freezes more frequently whenever someone uses a cc or an op killing ability like for example frost's avalanche or equinox's maim in eso or saryn's miasma which is when me and my friend face these issues everytime

So, I did the testing suggested above-- no change occurred as a result of turning off multi-threading. I thought this might help, given that the Ryzen 7 doesn't have onboard graphics and relies on a dedicated graphics card. I was incorrect. 🙂

Honestly the rig runs everything else beautifully. It's really not that huge of a deal to me if I can't get back to it-- just fewer plat sales for DE.