Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simplifying/advance Dodge/slide Controls

sc0di4k

Maybe it's just me, but I find it awkward to tab sprint (shift) for dodging. My first intuitive attempt was to use a double-tab of the movemebt controls (WASD). I would like to dodge more frequently to avoid gunfire and melee, but it's just not fluent enough for me to use it easily.

Are there any reasons for Digital Extremes for choosing this way of controls? What are the other players opinion about this?

Oh, and btw I would love to melee while sliding. Maybe even cutting legs off doing so ^^

Just my two cents. Enjoying the game so far anyway.

There's that tiny stopping moment when coming out of a dodge roll. That is what makes it useless for me most of the time because enemy fire hits me a lot during those 1.5 seconds or so.

I agree some work still needs to be done on the transitions of most animations.

As for the double-tap option on dodge... errrr... might lead to a LOT of unintended dodging for some people with erratic movement. :D

Well, I gave it some tries and it did'nt worked. It's possible that I do not have enough stamina left to melee and the end of my slide. As melee consumes stamina if I'm correct. So, than it's just my lack of skill - fair enough.

@Indrome

Sure, but that depends on the time frame required for double-tapping to perform a dodge. Imho, I rather accidently dodge into a void/wall/whatever, than getting hit by an enemy.

I'm not really in favour of double tapping the WASD keys to execute dodges. I like to tap them currently as we lack a proper "walk" key, and I suspect making them to toggleable dodge keys would make me do a lot of unessacary dodging.

That said, I understand people have different preferences to mine, so perhaps we could have an option to rebind our sprint/dodge key? Wait....don't we already have that...?

Yeah guys and gurls - we already have an option to customise our key bindings - so why not give an alternative to Shift a try? Maybe "Q" or "E" which are nice and close to WASD

Edited by 11.11.11