Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coop-Specific Missions

Siilk

I think it would be good if there would be some misions that could be only completed with 2 or more Tenno. Somwthing that will require the simultaneous presence of players in different parts of the map or just doing two different tasks at the same time. Actvating two terminals at the same time, doing something while your teammates are holding an endless horde of enemies, that kind of stuff.

To keep the game single player-friendly, such missions should be optional or added as a secondary objectives to the existing ones if the mission is started as a coop.

Well, this is sort of already in the game.

There's doors which require two people to activate (unless you're going solo, which is nice.)

Deception missions require that one player forgo his primary weapon in order to take the datamass to the terminal leaving the others to cover him, although he's not entirely defenceless.

Hacking leaves you defenceless meaning your friends have to cover you, or if you're solo you have to either clear the room or be quick.

Spy missions are as above, except with the added problem of having to again lose the use of your primary for a datamass.

Infected missions are also initially really difficult for a solo player, encouraging co-op play.

So far I don't think there should be things that have to be done in Co-op. I think it's great the dev's made it so there's nothing truly impossible for a player to do solo, even if it's more difficult. It's that difficulty which encourages people to play with others.

Edited by Azba

Well, yes, I was taling about similar things, but takein to a whole new level. Something that require greater coordination, rather than activating two consoles on the sides of the same door. Like requiring a team to split up and act independently in the different parts of the map, all while keeping their actions coordinated.

So far I don't think there should be things that have to be done in Co-op. I think it's great the dev's made it so there's nothing truly impossible for a player to do solo, even if it's more difficult. It's that difficulty which encourages people to play with others.

My thoughts exactly. I find it quite hard to play solo but hard in a good way. I enjoy the challenge, provided by the lack of support from the teammates and the fact that I have to rely on myself. The game does excellent work to stay playable and not become insanely difficult in solo mode while keeping the player on his toes and being unforgiving to the player's mistakes. It's a rare quality for the modern game and I'm glad to find it in Warframe.

I'd like to see a special new game mode with like 2 groups of Tenno {8 players} against lots of enemies, a massive open planetary environment or a terra-formed asteroid base surface maybe, lots of cover, lots of people to shoot, and an absolute requirement for teamwork, sort of like an MMORPG instanced dungeon {although all our missions are instanced}, plus multiple tasks all around as OP suggested, why not?

It would be refreshing to see rather than soloing ships on your own all the time or a group {PUG} of people rushing around for resources.

Edited by CapricaSix