Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime is missing key design details

Pfysicyst

Regular Mesa's Regulators are basically just barrels that swing out from her forearms in front of her hands. She uses her index finger to focus energy into them, and she uses her metallic thumb as a hammer.

Mesa Prime's Prime Regulators are full guns. These guns don't have a space for her to direct energy and already have hammers, grips, and triggers. Her index fingers are clipping into solid "chamber" section nowhere near the triggers, and her metallic thumbs serve no purpose above the existing hammers.

Those are the objective issues. Personally, I also thing Prime Regulators are quite ugly, with the vast majority of it as one solid accent channel, and the rest of the color channels are obscured by the hands gripping it. If it were an option, I would choose the look of default Regulators with Mesa being otherwise Prime. Wishfully thinking, I'd like a Prime version of the original concept.

Edited by Pfysicyst
  • Like 1

I would genuinely love if they let us use non prime regulators with Mesa P. Her having literal finger guns was easily my favourite detail of her design, and to have that taken away with the prime kinda feels like stripping away a core part of the frame's identity.

• Like 1