Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scan Matter (oxylus precept)

(PSN)dreamer_nlcf

Hello there! I've been excited to try out Oxylus since it came out, and I finally got rep'd up enough to get it, but I'm disappointed in Scan Matter. 

It is my opinion that it would be so much better if it occasionally highlighted things like cave Toroids and Rare containers (in scan matter's current Max range), on the mini map, similarly to the way that Ayatan stars are shown on the map.

Right now the delay between scans is too slow to be of use in toroid hunting at all, because I spend less than a minute in each cave. I even stood in front of a toroid and waited a while for it to show up on radar. Unless this is changed, I'm sticking with animal instinct or loot detector, because they're instant.

Edited by (PS4)dreamer_nlcf
  • Like 3

Don't believe everything you read without trying it out, coz it does pick up Toroids on the Radar. I just confirmed again by standing in the entrance to a cave, waited for it to detect the tepa plant in front of me, and it also detected a toroid in a tunnel that I hadn't entered yet.

In fact, equip it and go to Akkad Eris, a place with no containers, and you can see that it shows resources and mods too. (They appear and disappear from radar at the intervals stated on MOD description)

Edited by (PS4)dreamer_nlcf
Renamed plant

• 3 years later...

The problem is that (prime) animal instinct exists and is active all the time, has no cooldown, and even shows enemies on top of loot. Literally no reason to equip this if you have primed animal instinct as the 5 meter difference is MORE than made up for with all the benefits.

This needs to fire its own tranquilizer or at least calm animals and have them be vulnerable to capture for a while longer, especially those that are quick to run or those that have defenses to tranqs. Maybe instead of shooting random tranquilizer it should slow animals around you within 55 meters no timer or cooldown.