Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Spellbind is in dire need of increased radius

PorcelainCow

The community's dislike of it's physics-related behaviors aside, Spellbind suffers from an atrociously small radius that makes it rarely feel worth casting, especially against any enemy but clustered up Infested (against which it's disarm function then fails to matter).

I've always felt that, comparatively, Harrow's Condemn had enormous range with very similar effects on enemies, and while I understand that it is a necessary tool for him to receive Overshields to work the rest of his kit, I think this overshield effect also balances fairly well against Spellbinds additional status immunity effect. (which is also hard to apply to squad members in motion, due to the radius)

As Condemn, as strong as it seemed, was apparently deemed having room to grow and given a Duration buff in the latest hotfix, and Titania (and not Harrow) is currently under major review, I have to wonder why Spellbind has remained stuck at 5 meter radius? With Mods being percentage based and Range already being a not-so-great choice for Titania Spellbind just goes absolutely nowhere, and often fails to hit even the entirety of what could be considered "grouped up" enemies, making it simply not worth casting, especially on a frame that is already encouraged to spend energy while in a channeling state. All this is topped off by a signifcant casting and animation time that is also a full body animation, interrupting everything else, unless performed in Razorwing. The entire ability is simply a drag to use in every way.

You have narrow-minded equipped? I have a build of her meant to be optimized for Lantern, with low strength long range regular duration  and good efficiency, and it works well, I have 10 to 15 meters of enemies achieving liftoff. Which is more than sufficient if you keep in mind how fast enemies die.

She's one of the rare warframes where disregarding a single stat takes away from her. Except Strength, she's fine with less than 100% strength.

I do see a huge problem with the casting times, especially when her entire kit requires her to get to the enemies before her allies so she can soften them up or distract them, it was a problem then, still is a problem now. Titania is maybe the only warframe who actually really benefits from Natural Talent. And by benefit, I mean needs it to not be downed before the cast animation ends. Or the entire room is dead by the time her first ability is cast.

Maybe Tribute should give a casting speed bonus that increases with each type of Tribute buff she has on her, so having all 5 gives a 100% casting speed bonus?