Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jj Abrams Comments On Star Trek: The Game

theGreatZamboni

Gene would hate what Star Trek has become, granted the movie was alright, but behind the scenes there are so many issues with copyright between different parties whoever manages to pick up the franchise doesn't even give a F*** about what Star Trek is or should be, it's just another paycheck to them.

Edited by Mutilar

I really want a TV series based on the new universe. They are embarking on the 5 year mission now (a prime chance for a new show), but good luck paying those salaries and getting the actors on board. Karl Urban is really the only one I could see doing it and that's because he genuinely loves his job. He wouldn't take his helmet off in Dredd because that is something the character would never do. He has a level of respect for source material few actors do, he would have a great director someday.

Really Star Trek was never made to be on the big screen and while the new films worked, the stories and characters shouldn't be relegated to a 2 hour film. One-off episodes and arcs suit the series better.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

Gene would hate what Star Trek has become, granted the movie was alright, but behind the scenes there are so many issues with copyright between different parties whoever manages to pick up the franchise doesn't even give a F*** about what Star Trek is or should be, it's just another paycheck to them.

It is pretty S#&$ty of Abrams to diss DE on this. Development of the game started in June 2012 and it was released April/May 2013. That is a short &#! dev cycle.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

It is pretty S#&$ty of Abrams to diss DE on this. Development of the game started in June 2012 and it was released April/May 2013. That is a short as dev cycle.

Yup. If anything, he should be pissed at the studio in charge. It is essentially a movie-game. DE was only following instructions on what to do. In a movie-game (not necessarily a tie-in), developers have little control.

It is pretty S#&$ty of Abrams to diss DE on this. Development of the game started in June 2012 and it was released April/May 2013. That is a short &#! dev cycle.

Oh didn't realize DE made the game.  Lol.  I meant to Star Trek in general though, it's one of the main reasons next to Enterprise's viewer flop that there hasn't been any new Star Trek series.  I personally enjoyed Enterprise as it felt like more of a complete story, compared to away missions which don't carry over to the next episode on previous series.