Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested open world map?

SpydrXIII

We got a Grineer open world map, now with Fortuna we got a Corpus one.  I would LOVE a completely infested open world map. 

You could even play it off of the civilization we helped in the Nidus quest if you want. 
And I mean, there is clearly an intelligence in some Infested, we could get some evolving Infested that can preform complex tasks.  Like start seeing their slow evolution to sentience. 

I'd imagine the world completely overgrown with infestation creating it's own ecosystem, kind of like how all the tech in the Aliens franchise looks like it was grown from Xenomorphs, or Xenomorphs grew from it. 

BUT I highly recommend having little to NO human parts Infested.  You know, like Chargers and stuff.  This is a place that has created it's own ecosystem, any infested here would be evolved far beyond the stage where you can see human parts on them, if human born Infested even exist on this land.  You'd have to create some new more evolved units, more akin to the Ancients, Boilers, and Brood Mothers i'd assume.

I’d love to see an infested open world be added into the game and how it would tie into the game, but only if it was different though since Fortuna is basically a copy paste of Plains of Eidolon, which is rather unfortunate to say the least.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I’d love to see an infested open world be added into the game and how it would tie into the game, but only if it was different though since Fortuna is basically a copy paste of Plains of Eidolon, which is rather unfortunate to say the least.

Plains of Eidolon is quite different from the previous content, which is to be commended.  To me it seems reasonable for them to more or less repeat this new format with Fortuna (as they did) as well as future Infested and/or Corrupted versions.  It would also be reasonable to fix some of the bugs which hopefully would also apply to all open worlds.