The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Infested Concept] The Spiker

PsychedelicSnake

I've been throwing around this idea of a Ranged Infested Unit for awhile now, and I recently came up with an idea for it. I hope you like it. In addition, I'd like to get this noticed. Not necessarily to push for this specific unit to be in the Infested ranks, but because the Infested need something new.

I mean, let's face it. The Infested need a little love.

*Stats and Appearance Subject to Change

STATS

Primary Weapon: Mutated Hind or Grakata

Base Health: 150

Base Armour: 100

Base Experience: 75

Damage to Weak Points

Head: 1.5x

Tumors: 2x

Unprotected Body Parts include Legs and Non-Ranged Arm.

CONCEPT ART (I apologize if it is lackluster. I am not much of an artist)

OjOEb2Q.jpg

Now, this Infested is clearly an infected Elite Grineer. The Technocyte plague advanced the condition of any and all side effects of continuous cloning, resulting in extreme deformities, numerous pus-filled tumors, and any appendages fusing to the armour and weaponry.

Due to the Technocyte virus deteriorating the body, eyesight has been totally destroyed and the Spiker has since adapted to have Sensory Appendages growing out of the left eye socket.

It's right arm has fused with any weapon it had been using, be it Hind or Grakata. The weapon itself is it's own symbiotic organism, converting any dead cells and tissue and condensing it to the point it is spiked and hard as metal. The mutated weapon will then fire this serrated tissue at high velocities, cutting through armour and metal alike.

The Spiker appears in mid-level areas, around Level 10-15+. It is not high in numbers, and are few and far between, but instead bolsters the close combat units of the Infested with sustained, powerful fire.

Although possessing a powerful ranged attack, it's melee attack is neglible, but annoying nonetheless.

*Please leave constructive feedback. I'd like to know how this idea could improve.

EDIT: An idea by Sherbniz!

Oooh, Infested ranged units... could be great!

Just imagine them starting out as grineer corpses, leaned up to some wall, and when they sense the Tenno they spring up, sprout appendages and reveal their twisted nature!

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I've been throwing around this idea of a Ranged Infested Unit for awhile now, and I recently came up with an idea for it. I hope you like it. In addition, I'd like to get this noticed. Not necessarily to push for this specific unit to be in the Infested ranks, but because the Infested need something new.

I mean, let's face it. The Infested need a little love.

*Stats and Appearance Subject to Change

STATS

Primary Weapon: Mutated Hind or Grakata

Base Health: 150

Base Armour: 100

Base Experience: 75

Damage to Weak Points

Head: 1.5x

Tumors: 2x

Unprotected Body Parts include Legs and Non-Ranged Arm.

CONCEPT ART (I apologize if it is lackluster. I am not much of an artist)

OjOEb2Q.jpg

Now, this Infested is clearly an infected Elite Grineer. The Technocyte plague advanced the condition of any and all side effects of continuous cloning, resulting in extreme deformities, numerous pus-filled tumors, and any appendages fusing to the armour and weaponry.

Due to the Technocyte virus deteriorating the body, eyesight has been totally destroyed and the Spiker has since adapted to have Sensory Appendages growing out of the left eye socket.

It's right arm has fused with any weapon it had been using, be it Hind or Grakata. The weapon itself is it's own symbiotic organism, converting any dead cells and tissue and condensing it to the point it is spiked and hard as metal. The mutated weapon will then fire this serrated tissue at high velocities, cutting through armour and metal alike.

The Spiker appears in mid-level areas, around Level 10-15+. It is not high in numbers, and are few and far between, but instead bolsters the close combat units of the Infested with sustained, powerful fire.

Although possessing a powerful ranged attack, it's melee attack is neglible, but annoying nonetheless.

*Please leave constructive feedback. I'd like to know how this idea could improve.

EDIT: An idea by Sherbniz!

Noodly Appendages*

Edited by Valkyrie9001