Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, The Soma...

AfroGamerNinja

Okay so can we lay out the pros and cons of this weapon?

Pros:                                                                                                  Cons:

- Amazing critical chance                                                                   - Reload speed of 3 not sure how this will work out

- Amazing critical damage                                                                  - Pretty much forced to use VS and PS so less room

- Large Clip size                                                                                 - This things ammo will be DRAINED quickly

- Doesn't require a mastery rank (yet maybe?)                                  -

- Comes with 2 polarity slots!                                                             -

- Amazing accuracy                                                                            -

Anyone want to add anything else?

It's base dmg is crap.

Don't worry kids, it's getting nerfed. The 35% crit chance is most likely supposed to be 3.5%.

I wouldn't put it past DE to break weapon balance vs mastery rank over their knee but this is just too much, even for them.

Soma is too easy to get and provides the highest DPS in the game, albeit not armour ignore. It even tops the Acrid if it's against unarmored targets.

It's not staying this way, don't get your panties up in a bunch.

Don't worry kids, it's getting nerfed. The 35% crit chance is most likely supposed to be 3.5%.

I wouldn't put it past DE to break weapon balance vs mastery rank over their knee but this is just too much, even for them.

Soma is too easy to get and provides the highest DPS in the game, albeit not armour ignore. It even tops the Acrid if it's against unarmored targets.

So you rather have the game to be ''AI weapons or GTFO''?

We have yet to have an automatic crit rifle however. I would rather they put it behind Mastery Rank or split it up into parts on the Derelicts.

So you rather have the game to be ''AI weapons or GTFO''?

Did I give my person opinion on that subject or even talk about it? Finish 1st grade before you answer, dear.

We have yet to have an automatic crit rifle however. I would rather they put it behind Mastery Rank or split it up into parts on the Derelicts.

Unless they put it behind a MR 8 or 9 then it'd still be too easy to get, but I admit that would solve the problem and it would be the option I'd like them to take.

However, again, 35% is most likely a typo, personal preference aside.

Edited by RAVVSlathotep

It's like DE invaded my head and created the gun I was dreaming about since I started the game. This made Warframe 200% better for me.

I feel you on this one. When they were designing this rifle I was asking for a possibility of a rifle with a single shot, burst shot, and full auto selector and the Soma does the trick without a selector.

One Click (doesn't have to be really quick): One shot

Hold a bit and release: A good three to four shot burst

Hold Down: Wind up and full auto

This became my favorite rifle even before looking at the crit info. High crit rate and high crit damage multiplier is the icing on the cake for me. =)

I feel you on this one. When they were designing this rifle I was asking for a possibility of a rifle with a single shot, burst shot, and full auto selector and the Soma does the trick without a selector.

This became my favorite rifle even before looking at the crit info. High crit rate and high crit damage multiplier is the icing on the cake for me. =)

And thanks for that, we FINALLY got a viable non-AI assault rifle.

I doubt that's the case. When the Strun Wraith came out with the 50% multiplier they brought it down to 20% within a few hours. DE has had more than enough time to see how the Soma works and I think they would have brought down the crit rate just as fast as the Strun Wraith. If it was a mistake, they would have fixed it today when they applied the hotfix. I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

soma looks like a m1 garand that had babies with a AK-47 and learned to shoot with his nanny from the future, twin gremlings

soma has about average damage if build without crits, i think this was the intention from the beginning. im hoping DE mess with base damage AND criticals in order to make it still viable for not crit builds when the eventual nerf bat comes.

Edited by Eremes

And thanks for that, we FINALLY got a viable non-AI assault rifle.

All of them should be viable, without AI. Soma fixes absolutely nothing. Everyone in the game (eventually) using Soma, Straith, or Lanka, because these are the only primaries that can compete, is not a good thing.

For there to be a real fix, secondaries in general (or at least their overweight mods) need to be nerfed, and armor itself needs to be adjusted.

Soma is a brute force approach to a problem requiring finesse. One absurd imbalance dropped onto the other side of the scale every time something gets out of kilter is par for the course in Warframe, and doesn't fix anything in the long run.

Considering that shotgun mods are the same as secondary mods, i'd say that its primaries that need to be buffed. Its not just that though, primaries have the worst dual stat mods, and awful uptime. You burn through all your ammo in seconds, and the reload times are longer with worse mods than secondaries.

I guess the non-Straith shotties have that problem too though.

Edited by Servanin

I came here to post this too. This is by far my favourite assault rifle now. It's perfectly multi-purpose in the ways you described. Even if they removed the crit on this, I'd still love this for it's very nature. My god DE, this rifle is awesome, thank you!

Edited by Hap-muhr

What did I tell you about finishing 1st grade before answering? And why is a child watching such shows, it'll rot your brain.

Just a personal, and doesn't really matter to this topic.

But I hate a people like you talking "It's gonna nerfed blahblahblah" before It will get roflnerfed or officially announced.

It's more like "Nerf this plz" not a !@#$ing "itz gonna get roflnerfed lol".

Just that, no response needed. thank you for reading this. lol