The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gara's Shattered Lash while using Zaws is bugged

Sycolantrophy

So i love playing Gara and as such i have tried to build the 'Best' melee weapon for her first ability Shattered Lash that i could which led me to find some rather interesting mechanics which contradict how she is supposed to work. As we know her Shattered Lash is not supposed to take any weapon stats into account and only use specific melee damage mods. So for example if my Gara has a power strength of 224% this will give my Shattered Lash 1,792 damage and my Splinter Storm will start out at 560 DPS. Now if i cast Mass Vitrify, then proceed to run to the outside of the wall and break it with her Shattered Lash it will combine the damage numbers from both abilities equaling a total of 2,352 DPS on my Splinter Storm. This holds true while using any regular unmodded/unskinned melee weapon until we start testing certain Zaws and things get all sorts of wonky with random damage numbers seemingly coming out of nowhere. Below are just some of the weapons and Zaw configurations i had available to test and the damage number i was getting on my Splinter Storm after breaking Mass Vitrify with Shattered Lash with all weapons being unmodded  and unskinned.

Kripath/Polearm = 2,513

Keewar/Scythe = 2,352 

Kronsh/Machete = 2,352

Dokrahm/Heavy Blade = 2,979

Cyath/Polearm = 2,513 

Sepfahn/Nikana = 2,352 

Balla/Dagger = 2,352 

Rabvee/Machete = 2,352

Rabvee/Hammer = 2,979

Mewan/Polearm = 2,513

Dehtat/Polearm = 2,513 

Ooltha/Sword = 2,352

And now regular weapons:

Lesion/Polearm = 2,352 

Hate/Scythe = 2,352 

Atterax/Whip = 2,352 

Jaw Sword/Sword = 2,352 

Fang Prime/Daggers = 2,352 

Gram Prime/Sword = 2,352 

Scindo Prime/Heavy Blade = 2,352 

Jat Kittag/Hammer = 2,352

As you can see all regular Melee were giving the proper unmodified damage numbers while it seems Polearm, Heavy Blade and  Hammer Zaws are bugged. This means something is wrong with either the Zaws themselves, their interaction with Gara's abilities or Gara herself which is causing fully modded Zaws with this problem to have twice or more damage than all other melee in the game. Also while i did not test it, this problem...if it can be deemed one might also bleed over to Khora and Atlas since they have abilities very similar to Gara.

Edited by Sycolantrophy

• 4 weeks later...