Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration and Archgun Rivens

Etzu

Hey there.

We saw on devstream 122 that the archgun rivens are coming, and they were in the arbitration store during the stream. DE team mentionned they did not decide how they will come either by the shop or in loot directly. I've been thinking a lot about that, the positive and the negative of each possibilities and I came to those conclusions:

Archgun rivens purchasable in the Arbitration store:

Positive:

• easy to obtain.
  • no changes in the endo / mod farming rates.
  • gives some kind of utility to the vitus essences.

Negative:

• veteran arbitration player will have tons of vitus essence in stock
    • price of the riven, in vitus, could be too high due to that point
    • if price is not high, then those veterans will have tons of riven directly when they appears
  • platinium trade value will be extremly low due to the easy obtaining method (like the fortuna arcanes compared to cetus arcanes, literraly divided by 10 in the value or even worst)

Archgun rivens in the drop rotation:

Positive:

• no risk of having a "riven flood" occuring due to massive vitus stock of certain players.
  • platinium trade value will not be extremly low directly due to the not that easy obtaining method.

Negative:

• reduction of other reward drop rate.
  • no use for the vitus essence in the riven obtaining process.
  • still easier than regular riven to obtain, as you're not limited to one arbitration per day compared to the sortie.

One idea that came to my mind on another way to grant access to the riven, with giving usage to the vitus, without risking the veteran-stock problem, is to have in the arbitration shop some kind of "pack", in which there could be an archgun riven, or maybe a sentinel weapon riven, and some other things that are less "OP"-capable. (cosmetics, relics, whatever, I trust DE imagination on that point)

So what do you think of my conclusions, am I wrong on some point, have I forgot some point maybe. Feel free to add your own suggestion but please keep in mind the idea is to provide a feedback that is honest, not what you'd want but what you think is best for the game, for all players either veterans and newcomers.

Il y a 1 heure, Bloomspark a dit :

IMO, low trade value for archgun riven is not necessarily a negative thing.

Also, don't you think a pack that will give you a random item *type* will be too frustrating for the player?

I agree for the trade value, but in a way it's not good if turns worthless too. (it could fall very low like 5plat) It's negative because for new players it won't be a reliable plat source, that's why to me it's a negative, right now every good stuff that is easy to obtain (in easy as noneed to craft arcane) worth very low in plat. Then a new player can still hardly make some plats for the start of the game when you lack slots so bad.

About the random, well, the sortie reward pool is random, won't be more frustrating than the sortie pool then.

Edited by Etzu