Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extensive list of reworks

(XBOX)BranchBox

3 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

Ignoring a problem doesn't fix it. AI has always been an issue for DE and I see Khora as the perfect chance for them to get it right if they'd put in the time. And with the bulk of Khora's survivability coming from Venari's heal, it'd be an awful idea to remove the ability the ensure that Venari heals you primarily. 

One of her abilities is literally to command her companion. Like a tamer. If your argument is that only one of her abilities is in line with that then I could argue the same about your proposed changes. But even then, there's and argument to be made that all of her abilities fit this theme. Two of her other abilities involve trapping enemies, i.e capturing a beast, and the third is her whip, which is commonly associated with training large beasts. The weakest example is maybe Strangledome as nd that's mostly because it's not the originally planned ult. Originally she was going to have an exalted whip but that ability was scrapped after some backlash involving the IPS changes that her kit was originally tied to.

And this change is unnecessary because Khora actually fits her theme for the most part.

Strangledome needs a bit of work to better help it fit into her kit, primarily it synergized better with Whipclaw and didn't ragdoll the enemies occasionally (ragdolling needs to die) it'd be a fine ability.

Ignoring the problem isn't what I meant. what I meant was that in of itself, the problem wouldn't be so detrimental if it wasn't an ability. I don't think one heal on a player or an affect on an enemy warrants having a kavat take up an ability slot when it can be made passive and give khora something more direct to her kit. Considering that there are many healing alternatives in the game, Khora being an innately squishy frame, her getting cover from her dome (in regards to what enemies focus on), and her still getting a hela from venari as a passive, I don't think it's as essential or that it would be as much as a determinant as you might think.

Agree to disagree honestly. You make a fair point though about the ability changes, tbh my main gripe is the character design and what it has to do with being a 'beast tamer' especially in regards to her abilities and the visuals of said abilities on top of that. You are right though the only thing that would then make her cat like would be her 4 and nothing else with my changes

Again I'm in agreement that Strangledome could use more functionality/change and yes lol rag dolling should die (with all the hate it gets in general I'm surprised it's even a mechanic in the game still)

There are implementations to make the ability work with Whipclaw however the benefits from this are negligible and could perhaps use an increase in values.

5 hours ago, (XB1)ApostasyCrusade said:

I'm personally annoyed on how boring a frame he is. I still think he is a good fit into the though. I opened with that to show the level of how bad I think he is which is why I changed him up so much

And I'm personally annoyed how most of your 'rework' isn't one that would make a better 'Atlas'. Because it's not Atlas anymore, it's almost a completely different frame. Again, I'm questioning if whether or not you even understand him, because if then, you aren't really providing anything substantial to improve his current kit. 

What I meant by that was now all of his abilities would now drop rubble and I was specifying when in my change for his one, the rubble would drop (same thing with his 3). While atlas can put up a fight (and I guess I do have to back peddle a little here) my main issue is that spamming his 1 to reap the benefits of his armor and to have it consistently takes away from the rest of his kit. If you think the boosted armor is too much than okay, I can agree with that

That's a lot of frames though? Not just Atlas. They will mostly use 2 abilities most of the time and use their other abilities on specific occasions. Also you're idea of changing 1 so it's less spammable, is silly since a lot frames' abilities are easily spammed as well. So you want to nerf him at the same time? It doesn't matter if you add some sort of compensation to it, if you change the ability's original function, that ruins what people are used too. 

I guess I should of headered changing his theme more? Specifically from 'rock themed brawler' to more and exclusively 'lord of earth and stone' Secondly that short stand still is just a casting animation. I'm pretty much just saying that it's a short casting window where he is quickly locked in place but cant take dmg to compensate. Also, the invincibility wouldn't be spammable because as mentioned the ability would have two parts: the first would be the initial cast to boost his armor, casting again on an enemy triggers the landslide and sheds the boosted armor. The ability would be less spammable because instead of repeat punching, you would have to cast for the armor, then cast to punch. On top of this, the player would be less inclined to as keeping the armor built in from the one could proof more beneficial then immediately recasting on an enemy depending on the scenario and how full his armor gauge is.

So it's an overall slower Landslide that locks you in place during the first part of it, that can build up armor and also loses most of it's invincibility afterwards for damage resistance instead; but why? The only reason I've really seen for this change is to spread the availability of Rubble (which is unnecessary) and to make it less spammable, which still doesn't make sense. You are inherently nerfing an ability so it works in a much more inconvenient way now. It's practically an augment now.

6 hours ago, (XB1)ApostasyCrusade said:

I have to disagree with your take on his cc. Unlike actual cc frames, Atlas's cc is restricted to a cone and upon the enemy getting cc, has the same mechanic with frost's bubble or Gara's shield where enemies cant have status effects applied to them. If you think that I should of changed the title of 'rework' to 'reimagine' or 'reimage' as you find the changes to be too much than fair point. At the end of the day, I listed these changes on a word doc as the ideas came to me and called them reworks, I just called them all 'reworks' because I went one by one  changing frames and used the word as a catch all.

His 3 would simple be chargeable additional dmg and can still provide rubble. Essentially it would still be is wall but he can hold it for extra dmg and actually target/aim with it

Oh yes, let me change my description of Petrify then, sorry. Now it's: a CC ability that can disable an entire group of enemies instantly within a cone area that has good range, that will then take more overall damage and drop a resource for Atlas that can heal him and grant extra armor. Wait, it barely changed? Yeah that's because it's still a good ability and just reconfirms my suspicion that you don't understand Atlas. Also I can't find any fix of yours that solves the problem of status chances not being applied to them, so I don't see the point of mentioning that. 

Your new 3 doesn't make sense since you're trying to place 2 abilities in one. The defensive aspect of Tectonics' Wall, the offensive aspect of Tectonics' Boulder, and a partial aspect of Petrify. This again, reconfirms that you don't understand Atlas since you are trying to change the way how he works completely. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)ApostasyCrusade said:

I made minimal changes to his 4 as I know the raids are too come back and to make extensive changes to it could affect his performance in the JV raid and seeing how the raid community has been taken for enough of a ride I didn't want to touch Atlas's 4 too much.  

Words actually can't describe how insanely inane this sounds to not want to improve an ability to a greater point. I'm just going to sound like a broken record, because honestly this rework still doesn't make sense even after all of your explanations.