The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Desperately need culling options and UNLOADING of assets

Hrodgrim

Allow me to clarify. It seems that when assets in-game are loaded, they are never UN-loaded (or at least not in a timely manner). This becomes a huge problem when entering any public areas. Tons of players are spawning and leaving, bogging down your memory with their needless visages. This drop in performance follows you out to the Orb (or the Plains, or even your ship if you just leave the town) and essentially forces you to restart. 

To counter this malady, I humbly request options be added to cull player models (down to 16 for reasons I shall soon get into) and various useless pretty-things such as grass, pebbles, and other needless textures. The reason I recommend 16 player models is the following; If every player in a team were using Equinox with the weird body-double augment, you'd have 8 players loaded, 16 if each of these Equinox also deployed a specter identical to their current frame.

To summarize, this drop in performance could be altogether circumvented if there were options extant for getting rid of un-needed models and textures. Instead of crutching up a failing framerate, go around it by not loading these things in the first place. 

TL;DR: Give us graphics options to prevent loading other player models and grass/rocks

• Like 3