Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horrible Orb Vallis Performance and Crashes

(NSW)Derrion

I'm well aware that the sentiment of frustration regarding the open world experience on Switch has been already voiced quite clearly, this is simply me adding to that.

I very much enjoy this game and find the performance overall amazing for the switch considering its hardware limitations, but the bitter taste of playing in the open worlds, either PoE or Vallis, makes me feel foolish for investing in the Switch version of this game both monetarily and with my time. Especially when grouped up with 3 other people, it seems the use of abilities, particles, etc. become too much for the system and we see near slideshow levels of FPS happening quite frequently. What's worse is that it feels like the performance degrades over time the longer you stay out in an open world, which inevitably leads to a crash that loses you all your hard work. I recently experienced a very punishing crash where I lost about 30+ mins of bounty rewards, resources, and experience out in Orb Vallis. Essentially it felt like I was punished for staying out longer and enjoying the new feature of continuing bounties due to bad performance.

If any DE employee is actually reading this, I apologize for not having more concrete data to potentially help improve the issue. All I can really offer is that the frame rate dips frequently, which I'm sure you're aware of, and that it seems to worsen with time when out in Orb Vallis in particular. I do believe you guys are always doing your best and there are limits to what can be accomplished on the Switch's current iteration of hardware, I just hope something can be done to remedy the crashes at the very least that cause myself and many others to lose hard earned progress.

I would like to add that I just did a survival on Ani in the void and had the game frequently start dropping to extremely low fps to the point of almost looking like it froze. I suspect there may be something caused by the update in regards to performance stability.