Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game-Master Mode: A Hefty Suggestion for Kingpin

Axtremulus

SUMMARY: The Kingpin System should allow Warlords and designated "Mission Planners" in clans to create procedural campaigns for the clan based on a few customize-able variables and the desired reward payout. Effectively they would be something akin to GMs/DMs for their clan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TennoSkoom

I'm not sure what the current intentions for the Kingpin system are or where in development it is. But while thinking about it some time ago I was wondering about "What determines who your adversary, your 'Kingpin', is?", "How will missions be delegated? Will each member have to progress in teams of 4? Or will this be a new type of activity?", "How long does the Kingpin last? Indefinitely? Until we defeat them?"

Many question, like most of the community. As I thought of the different variables, I wondered, "What if most of these things were up to us?"

Thus, the idea "What if we could be GMs of our own Warframe campaigns?"

Imagine this scene:

A bunch of clan members are chatting about what they're making next and where to grind for materials. Together they realize they all need some fairly rare materials to wrap up their projects, both personally and for the dojo itself. The Mission planner starts crafting a massive wishlist, and a campaign starts to take shape. A certain NPC faction will pay everything they want and more, but only if they take on a massive enemy enclave. It's a convergence of multiple strings of missions all leading up to a showdown with the enemy Kingpin. If they fail to finish him before next week, he'll attack and invade the dojo. But if they succeed, they'll each get the promised rewards and the dojo will get twice the amount in storage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLEM

Now for the technicals:

Upon building the "Operations Center"/"War Council"/"Whatever" dojo room, the Warlord, or those in ranks with the "Mission Planner" trait enabled, could draft and start a campaign against a kingpin that would be procedurally generated based on direct choices and indirect choices (the types of rewards, size of the clan, etc...) made by the planner. An idea for a breakdown for this would be:

Types of Common Materials desired = Planets/Tilesets used for campaign (if none requested, random assignment)

# of Common Materials desired = Campaign duration in real time (if none requested, goes to default based on clan size)

Types of Rare Materials desired = Types of enemies most prevalent (if none requested, default amount/distribution

# of Rare Materials desired = Base level of enemies (if none requested, goes to default level)

Rarity of Mods desired = Prevalence of Eximus Units (if none requested, default amount/distribution)

The mission planner will put in values and a random faction (one of the syndicates, including the Ostron and Solaris) will offer to pay the bounty in return for completing the campaign. The faction paying also determines the faction of the kingpin.

Campaign progress should be trackable both in the orbiter as well as in the Operations room in the dojo, with the dojo room giving significantly more detail on the objectives.

I'll be adding more! Tired now...