The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Status inconsistency

Damocles

When building your weapons, the stats often dictate what you can build for effectively to maximize performance while what they provide at their fullest potential decides whether or not you use them. Right now I have pretty much tried a lot of weapons and have found that status is not the best to mod for in high level missions. Simply put, the problem is that there are too many status immune enemies in game. Let's compare some facts
Critical Build: Everything benefits from critical hits unless a riven drops your critical multiplier below 1x, cannot crit on objects such as containers, traps, or enemy bubbles
Physical Build: Can skew proccs towards a certain IPS (assuming it's status build) but you're only going to add slash (the only procc that does anything) and IPS mods don't scale as well as elementals
Elemental Build Can offer a variety of proccs (but only corrosive, radiation, viral and gas are useful) the elemental damage scales with mods but proccs are less likely than their IPS skews by a factor of 4x
Status Build: Can strip armor, crowd control, reduce health by half or seen as double damage, or DOT to enemies. However you get a random mix of proccs.

The point I want to bring up are lists of enemies/objects that are not affected by Crit/Status
Criticals: Frost Bubbles, Nullifiers Bubbles, Contianers, Traps
Status: Frost Bubbles, Nullifiers Bubbles, Contianers, Traps, All Sentient variants, Shadow Stalker, Mini bosses ie Acolytes, Ambulas Armor, Some Bosses ie Lephantis (some bosses are immune to certain proccs), all Eidolons, Profit Taker, and whatever I haven't thought of

The list of Crit immune enemies/objects in game are a subset of Status immune enemies/objects in game. I was hoping that maybe we could rework the way status behaves on certain enemies so that they don't feel inconsistent in game. ie doing really well in combat, then stalker comes and ruins your day. There are times I regret bringing a status build to a mission once a status immune mini boss arrives. Or that feeling when you bring a super strong status weapon to a boss fight just to find out it's immune.