Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

survival... ROYAL? :p

Hypermega

I know i know everyone hates battle royal (according not to the most viewed games on twitch just saying) but lets be honest who wants to shoot anything as sporadic as a tenno anyway. but what about playing to warframes strengths. for example survival is pretty unique to warframe. enemies keep getting stronger and trying to keep up life support from enemy drops and not die is actually quite challenging and fun. especially solo (at least the challenging part, some people find different things fun). But what if it was in an open world like orb vallis maybe the air is contaminated or the terraforming towers stop working or something and we had the BR circle thing so it comes to an eventual conclusion. Oh and what if life support was personal loot and not shared! So basically if you stay alive farming your own mobs long enough eventually you will all be forced into the same area and forced to compete for life support from the same mobs. Now with that in mind i do think enemies should start out at such a high level that this is almost unheard of. Although saying that players following each other or all going to the same place to compete over the same mobs to try and quickly eliminate the competition could also make things interesting. Also the thought of players using things like mag or loki to circumvent other players or zephyrs to pull range and counteract that kind of  thing actually sounds like a good thing, i mean remember the point is to make it feel more PVP-ish. and what about teams of 2 or 3. so you could get tactics like one tries to steal life support from other players or just get in their way. 

TLDR regular MOT/selkie style survival but with personal life support that's just for you in the open world maps with the battle royal circle thing so its not going on for 4 hours to force a last man standing outcome in under 20 minutes (or something like that) 

If this has already come up or there's all kind of problems others see with it then i wont try to argue as i dont presume to know better than anyone. just a passing thought while i try and live past 20 minutes on my own in selkie lol

Edited by Hypermega

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Seriously.Haven't there been enough X royale threads already? This is a little more original, but still.

A lot of people have been asking for this kind of thing? awesome. i cant seem to delete all this links though 😕

If you look at those threads you will see that response to any form of battle royale is generally negative – most people don't want pvp in Warframe and there are technical issues that would make it difficult to implement and even more difficult to play (e.g., lack of servers).

And search function is your friend. I have a feeling like we have a battle royale thread every week now and the response is always the same.