Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame: Reaper

Gamerovertron

Ah the reaper comes to the system i see his dark shadowy figure able to turn into a shadow and slay enemies while invincible for a short period of time he can reap the souls of enemies and turn them into his slaves he can do many more things. who is this new frame who calls himself the reaper well we may never know but what we do know is what he can do.

1st ability: a lot of frames have teleport but when you do teleport in a 3M radius you deal a 200 strength blast that has a 50% chance to land at max rank it has a 90% chance to land and doing a 1000 strength bast damage.

2nd ability: if an enemy is at 10% health you can reap their soul and turn them into a husk which is a mindless killing machine and when you use their soul it heals for 1% of your health and gives you a 10 second 30% damage boost you may have a max of 2 husks also when a husk is created they only have half their health and deal half the damage of their original selves as they are getting their soul taken out of them each husk will give you a bonus of 50 health and 10 armor. At max rank it will heal you for 5% of your health and give you a 30 second 50% damage boost and you can have up to 5 husks and a bonus per husk of 100 health 20 armor.

3rd ability: Turn yourself into a shadow that can move 50% faster but cant deal damage and lasts for 5 seconds and enemies have a harder time seeing you. Gives a boost to the second ability when you run through an enemy so instead of 10% health needed you can reap them at 25% health. At max rank you move 60% faster and lasts for 10 seconds.

4th ability: every husk that is alive will be sacrificed and every husk grants 2 second of invincibility, 10 seconds 10% damage boost, 10 seconds 10% life gain, 10 seconds 15% ability duration. At max rank it will grant 3 seconds of invincibility, 30 seconds 15% damage boost, 30 seconds 15% life gain, and 30 seconds 50% ability duration.

his stats: passive when you attack you will have a 5% chance to get back a 5th of what damage you dealt in that hit only for melee crits, to craft mastery rank 3, health 120 (500 at max), shield is 100 (250 at max), armor is 80, energy 200 (275 at max), 1.2 sprint speed, polarity: 1 Vazarin, 1 Madurai.

His parts drop for Orokin Derelict capture mission 33% chance on all parts.

Edited by Gamerovertron

Stats: Your stats dont really paint a picture of what your warframes role would be. His health is average, shields below average with below average armor. He is quite easily shreded. You probably put his stats this way because of your first ability but that power is to strong to exist within the game, Your move speed is basically off the charts, again a choice I think you are making off of the first ability.

Passive: You have nothing that really, gives credit for his passive to be something like fear, warframes passive tend to be thematic. Some time of really low life steal could be a good option.

First ability is always bread and butter, being immune for 10 secs is just to good for what would be the cheapest ability. You would always have it on and never worry about missions. The idea for invulnerability isnt bad but the power should probably be scrapped and have the invulnerability elsewhere and not as strong.

Second ability is basically a hybrid of inaros sand people and nekros soul punch its not a bad idea but the amount of health gain and the damage gain are to high for how easy it is to create them, since your ability is based off health % and not damage. This would function as a better first ability but would have to be toned down and a hard limit on the amount of.. im going to call them husks. Also you really dont need an ability to give a damage boost if you are going to be attacking off % health.

Third ability, if i am reading this right is basically an radial explosive teleport. I really do like this idea, in terms of execution. You could have it give blast proc which scales with power strength. Have it so at 100% PS it has a 50% chance to inflict blast proc with the damage

Fourth ability has a big issue in being its just not good. You already have an ability that would be healing, and a big single target attack is just not good for your most expensive ability. Think of something that uses your other abilities as part of it. Example: For every husk sacrificed, reaper gets 5 secs of invulnerably and heals 10% of his max health, these scale with duration and power strength. At the end of the ability you explode for a portion of damage you ignored while invulnerable. This isn't the most original example but it shows how you could move a lot of your special ideas onto one power and create a type of synergy with it as well.

Overall I do see a life stealing monster of a warframe, something that could be more vampire than revenant hidden within your idea. With Nekros already having a death oriented theme I think reaper is not the best fit for the name, something like reaver would get the same fit for what he does. With his main sustain being life steal you would want to look at above average health or very above average armor for him to actually survive. 

6 hours ago, Ramflax said:

Stats: Your stats dont really paint a picture of what your warframes role would be. His health is average, shields below average with below average armor. He is quite easily shreded. You probably put his stats this way because of your first ability but that power is to strong to exist within the game, Your move speed is basically off the charts, again a choice I think you are making off of the first ability.

Passive: You have nothing that really, gives credit for his passive to be something like fear, warframes passive tend to be thematic. Some time of really low life steal could be a good option.

First ability is always bread and butter, being immune for 10 secs is just to good for what would be the cheapest ability. You would always have it on and never worry about missions. The idea for invulnerability isnt bad but the power should probably be scrapped and have the invulnerability elsewhere and not as strong.

Second ability is basically a hybrid of inaros sand people and nekros soul punch its not a bad idea but the amount of health gain and the damage gain are to high for how easy it is to create them, since your ability is based off health % and not damage. This would function as a better first ability but would have to be toned down and a hard limit on the amount of.. im going to call them husks. Also you really dont need an ability to give a damage boost if you are going to be attacking off % health.

Third ability, if i am reading this right is basically an radial explosive teleport. I really do like this idea, in terms of execution. You could have it give blast proc which scales with power strength. Have it so at 100% PS it has a 50% chance to inflict blast proc with the damage

Fourth ability has a big issue in being its just not good. You already have an ability that would be healing, and a big single target attack is just not good for your most expensive ability. Think of something that uses your other abilities as part of it. Example: For every husk sacrificed, reaper gets 5 secs of invulnerably and heals 10% of his max health, these scale with duration and power strength. At the end of the ability you explode for a portion of damage you ignored while invulnerable. This isn't the most original example but it shows how you could move a lot of your special ideas onto one power and create a type of synergy with it as well.

Overall I do see a life stealing monster of a warframe, something that could be more vampire than revenant hidden within your idea. With Nekros already having a death oriented theme I think reaper is not the best fit for the name, something like reaver would get the same fit for what he does. With his main sustain being life steal you would want to look at above average health or very above average armor for him to actually survive. 

ok i think i made it a bit better, i didn't know how much the speed scaling was and i wanted him to be a pretty speedy frame so i put it at 2 not knowing it was that fast so i changed it to 1.2 and i changed the health, shield, and armor along with the abilities so i think it is much better now

That is better but you still have a few flaws for a strong non over powered character,

I think you should retool your first ability, if you want to keep the invulnerable state of it then how about have the ability turn him into a shadow. Granting him increase with speed with his invulnerable state but can not attack or cast other abilities. You can also have it so enemies who are hit by the shadow can be killed sooner by the 2nd ability lets say your 2nd ability can kill them at 10% health, if you hit them with the shadow form dash you can now do it at 25%.

the damage boost aspect I just dont see it fitting this ability, if you keep your first ability how it is with only dealing 1/4 the damage getting a 50% damage boost is nothing you will only go up to like 2/5 of your damage. It just seems like a dead bonus. You could also think of having some form of protection in this ability like, as the husks are 'alive' you get 25 extra armor per husk. ((this change of getting armored can play into risk reward when you sacrifice them during your 4th ability))

Now for the third ability if this is the route you want with it being your main damage dealer then the damage bonus from your 2nd ability could be helpful, but again the first ability's reduction of dealing damage gets in the way.

fourth ability is now weaker then before. I still say if you want a true combat invulnerability this is the power it should be on, have the 2nd ability say how many of your killing machines can exist and then the 4th ability consumes that amount. Lets say you have 5 husks, on cast each husk is sacrificed to grant 5 secs of invulnerability, 10% damage increase and 10% life gain. This effect stacks up to 5 and scales with Duration and power strength. This lets you keep the damage bonus so you can then spam your third ability with complete safety to destroy everything around you.

Since your third ability is also your main damage dealer, you should move it to become your first ability.

The stats are better, passive is more thematic but 5% will still happen a lot and having 1/5 of your damage return as healing can become instant heals when your hitting for 5000 damage a swing. I think it should be limited to only melee attacks, to help curve how strong this is, since it basically a free rng life strike.

If my ideas are inspiring yours how I would adjust your ability order is

Teleport(old 3rd ability), shadow dash(old first ability), drain essence(old second ability), Convergence  ((Gave psudo names just for clarity))

The reason I would say this restructure is important is because the first power is cheapest to most expensive, so you would want to be able to spam your  only damage dealing tool once you are set up.

In your revisions i see a warframe that only survives by consuming the life energy of others and using the shadows to avoid danger. I think having 70% of his game play with you at risk of being able to die is a good thing so people can see his life stealing properties at work.

26 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

That is better but you still have a few flaws for a strong non over powered character,

I think you should retool your first ability, if you want to keep the invulnerable state of it then how about have the ability turn him into a shadow. Granting him increase with speed with his invulnerable state but can not attack or cast other abilities. You can also have it so enemies who are hit by the shadow can be killed sooner by the 2nd ability lets say your 2nd ability can kill them at 10% health, if you hit them with the shadow form dash you can now do it at 25%.

the damage boost aspect I just dont see it fitting this ability, if you keep your first ability how it is with only dealing 1/4 the damage getting a 50% damage boost is nothing you will only go up to like 2/5 of your damage. It just seems like a dead bonus. You could also think of having some form of protection in this ability like, as the husks are 'alive' you get 25 extra armor per husk. ((this change of getting armored can play into risk reward when you sacrifice them during your 4th ability))

Now for the third ability if this is the route you want with it being your main damage dealer then the damage bonus from your 2nd ability could be helpful, but again the first ability's reduction of dealing damage gets in the way.

fourth ability is now weaker then before. I still say if you want a true combat invulnerability this is the power it should be on, have the 2nd ability say how many of your killing machines can exist and then the 4th ability consumes that amount. Lets say you have 5 husks, on cast each husk is sacrificed to grant 5 secs of invulnerability, 10% damage increase and 10% life gain. This effect stacks up to 5 and scales with Duration and power strength. This lets you keep the damage bonus so you can then spam your third ability with complete safety to destroy everything around you.

Since your third ability is also your main damage dealer, you should move it to become your first ability.

The stats are better, passive is more thematic but 5% will still happen a lot and having 1/5 of your damage return as healing can become instant heals when your hitting for 5000 damage a swing. I think it should be limited to only melee attacks, to help curve how strong this is, since it basically a free rng life strike.

If my ideas are inspiring yours how I would adjust your ability order is

Teleport(old 3rd ability), shadow dash(old first ability), drain essence(old second ability), Convergence  ((Gave psudo names just for clarity))

The reason I would say this restructure is important is because the first power is cheapest to most expensive, so you would want to be able to spam your  only damage dealing tool once you are set up.

In your revisions i see a warframe that only survives by consuming the life energy of others and using the shadows to avoid danger. I think having 70% of his game play with you at risk of being able to die is a good thing so people can see his life stealing properties at work.

Ok so i just made a ton of edits i think he is more balanced and his 4th ability is much stronger

The 4th ability still feels to weak, you are getting basically nothing for sacrificing your husks. Which is why the values I gave were larger. That way you can get that 50% damage bonus for about 30 seconds and for it to be balanced.

The 2nd abilitys damage bonuses are not bad, but they are to much for to little of a time. Think about either have it on a successful creation of a husk you next damaging ability or weapon attack gets a 50% damage bonus, the effect does not stack. This will get you what you want still, but not put you on an impossible time table.

You would want to make sure to say for the third ability, its when you pass through people that it strengthens the 2nd ability. Otherwise it sounds great, being a shadow it would make sense to be invulnerable during this time.

With your kit all about life steal, you want give and take with your character or they would be bland. You should have some decent upside to having husks alive. Either bonus armor, bonus damage, more max health. Something that they give you for just having them around. That way when you kill them with your ultimate to go into beast mode for 30+ secs, you are losing one good perk say defensive stats for the pure offense that is your ult.

and to offset, how powerful the 4th ability could be the husks should be fairly weak. Due to soul / life energy being removed they only have 50% of their max health from when they were alive. This way there is a real risk of not always having max husks, this will make him unique from other frames that can create servants too. By adding a little bit of micro managing to keep a buff alive, and while waiting for the 4th ability to be unleashed.

12 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

The 4th ability still feels to weak, you are getting basically nothing for sacrificing your husks. Which is why the values I gave were larger. That way you can get that 50% damage bonus for about 30 seconds and for it to be balanced.

The 2nd abilitys damage bonuses are not bad, but they are to much for to little of a time. Think about either have it on a successful creation of a husk you next damaging ability or weapon attack gets a 50% damage bonus, the effect does not stack. This will get you what you want still, but not put you on an impossible time table.

You would want to make sure to say for the third ability, its when you pass through people that it strengthens the 2nd ability. Otherwise it sounds great, being a shadow it would make sense to be invulnerable during this time.

With your kit all about life steal, you want give and take with your character or they would be bland. You should have some decent upside to having husks alive. Either bonus armor, bonus damage, more max health. Something that they give you for just having them around. That way when you kill them with your ultimate to go into beast mode for 30+ secs, you are losing one good perk say defensive stats for the pure offense that is your ult.

and to offset, how powerful the 4th ability could be the husks should be fairly weak. Due to soul / life energy being removed they only have 50% of their max health from when they were alive. This way there is a real risk of not always having max husks, this will make him unique from other frames that can create servants too. By adding a little bit of micro managing to keep a buff alive, and while waiting for the 4th ability to be unleashed.

so i am a bit confused about the "With your kit all about life steal, you want give and take with your character or they would be bland. You should have some decent upside to having husks alive. Either bonus armor, bonus damage, more max health. Something that they give you for just having them around. That way when you kill them with your ultimate to go into beast mode for 30+ secs, you are losing one good perk say defensive stats for the pure offense that is your ult." but other than that i think i did it pretty well.

Because you have low shields, and low armor. Your above average health will be increasing and decreasing a lot during the mission. So for survivabilty having husks alive should give you some decent flat defensive buff. Like the husks only have 50% of their max health but while they are alive reaper gains 150 max health, and this could scale with power strength, this wouldn't be really OP because your husks dont have a duration they just live until they die so if you went this route your 5 husks could give 750 bonus max health or if you went 50 armor per husk you would get an additional 250 armor which would also help you survive.

The reason for this is, it tells the player to try and keep the husks alive as much as they can to keep this extra survival tool and because they help u survive you need a better reason to sacrifice them and lose the bonus. That way players will have to wager, can the 10 secs of invulnerable high damage potential 4th ability, allow me to kill all these enemies quickly.

Because after you use your 4th ability, you are back at zero rebuilding your defenses with new husks. Having this kind of set up, adds more flavor and player choice to their actions. Does that help clear it up?

9 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

Because you have low shields, and low armor. Your above average health will be increasing and decreasing a lot during the mission. So for survivabilty having husks alive should give you some decent flat defensive buff. Like the husks only have 50% of their max health but while they are alive reaper gains 150 max health, and this could scale with power strength, this wouldn't be really OP because your husks dont have a duration they just live until they die so if you went this route your 5 husks could give 750 bonus max health or if you went 50 armor per husk you would get an additional 250 armor which would also help you survive.

The reason for this is, it tells the player to try and keep the husks alive as much as they can to keep this extra survival tool and because they help u survive you need a better reason to sacrifice them and lose the bonus. That way players will have to wager, can the 10 secs of invulnerable high damage potential 4th ability, allow me to kill all these enemies quickly.

Because after you use your 4th ability, you are back at zero rebuilding your defenses with new husks. Having this kind of set up, adds more flavor and player choice to their actions. Does that help clear it up?

thats better i think ia try to fix my frame and make it sound more like that you are really really helping me here

13 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

ok so i think i got your idea nicely captured inside of reaper so i think he is pretty much done! i really really hope DE looks into this i want this to be added this would make my tiny little 12 year old heart leap out in excitement