The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Small Bursts of lag every few seconds [Solved]

Dwolfknight

I just don't know why this is happening, I don't have this problem anywhere else but Warframe, no game or program and it is annoying the hell out of me asIi just can't fix it, I will uninstall and reinstal to see if that fixes it but I still feel like I should report it here.

Basically, my game has hiccups. Every few seconds around (4 to 6s) the game will freeze for 1/16 of a second, the frames drop (at least the ones displayed do) and then continue, just like an annoying hiccup that won't go away and drives you nuts. Performance seems to have no impact on it. I disabled everything and went into full screen, windowed, and borderless windowed modes, it did not change anything, on bare minimum settings I get around 200 fps, but during hiccups, it "drops to 130fps", except it just freezes for that 1/16 of a second and continues.

It is driving me actually insane and I just don't want to deal with anymore, please someone send help.

Finally i've found a solution, This Problem seems to be related to the Windows 10 "Game Mode".

If you are having this issue, Press: Windows key + "G" and disable "Game Mode". the stutter should stop immediately, It will also begin immediately if you activate it.

I don't know the specifics of why this happens, but it does.

Edited by Dwolfknight

I came here looking for someone else having this problem. I get it often too. First thought it was internet but it happens too often and even on solo matches and in the orbiter. I have a laptop with a GTX 1060 and its usage stays very high and it also heats up to 90C, even at low settings, which is probably what's causing it to thermal throttle and cause those stutters. I never had this problem until like mid-Jan or something I think, because I tested temps and frame rates when I got this new laptop in December and I remember it barely went about 80C at high settings. Used to sometimes get 200-250ish fps too then, but now its <200 or <150 most of the time, and during the stutters, it freezes for a sec or two and then drops to 20-30 for a couple more seconds.

I hope its something that will be fixed in a future update and not anything wrong with my hardware or anything.

I’ve recently got this issue on my end too. I’ll be playing my game and every three seconds the game freezes for a moment and then continues in like it didn’t happen before doing it again. Is there any fix to this? 

I have this problem too, since the Wolf of Saturn Six release, but I think this problem is since long ago on Valley of Orbis where there was those lags every few seconds making the game unjoyable to play. Now this issue is even on Plains of Eidolon, where I didn't have problem until now.

• 4 weeks later...

R9 290x; R51600x; 16GB 3000mhz; samsung EVO 860 500GB Windows and the game.

when left the computer idle for several hours, the game just broke and freezes every 3 seconds until i reboot the computer

all windows energy saving options are disabled, game mode disabled and graphics preference in performance mode (this reduces the freezes a bit)