Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infernal + Celestial Frame Idea

Quantelderran

I had this idea bouncing through my head the last few weeks and finally decided to post it here.

The general concept is this - 

• A frame wielding infernal powers of fire, darkness and death, called Demon hereafter
  • A frame wielding divine powers of light and life, called Angel hereafter

Demon would be a damage and self-buffing focused frame (possibly fire and puncture dmg) while Angel would be a more team based healer and buffer (with radiation and slash dmg)

Alternatively, Demon would have defensive and 'small group' abilities while Angel wields healing and large scale crowd control (with radiation and slash dmg).

(Possible Abilities given Below)

I have come up with 4 different ways this frame could be implemented -

• An Equinox like "form-swap" ability

Similarly to Equinox, Demon and Angel would have their first ability swap between the two forms while the rest of their abilities would be split-use.

• An Exalted Frame with possible Exalted Weapon(s)

This would likely be the most complicated version to implement. Upon activating the ability, Demon would shift into Angel (or vice versa) for a duration or as a channeled ability. This would also shift the abilities from the original frame's to the other's. The way this differs from the previous option would be that Demon and Angel would be able to be modded differently (i.e. Demon is built for power while Angel is built for duration) and colored separately. 

• Separate frames entirely 

This one is rather self explanatory. Instead of making Angel and Demon into one frame, they would instead be released as separate frames.

• A strange combination (Personal Favorite)

Demon and Angel would be able to swap between forms, but not as their first ability like equinox (probably 2nd or 3rd). Instead, and unlike Equinox, you would be able to select which frame you start a mission as / go to a relay as from the arsenal menu (no composite frame). This also allows for separate mod and appearance configurations between the two frames while not using an 'Exalted Loadout'.

Possible Abilities - 

Pillar(Demon/Angel)

Spoiler

Summons a pillar of flame/light that damages enemies that get close. 

Ruin(Demon)

Spoiler

AoE armor shred and damages enemies

Redemption(Angel)

Spoiler

Blinds enemies within R meters for Y seconds and heals allies within range by X% Health per second for Y seconds

Ascension/Descent(Demon/Angel)

Spoiler

Swapping ability

Corruption?(Demon)

Spoiler

4th Ability

Enemies w/in A m are affected with Corruption.

Demon has an B% chance of spreading Corruption for the next C s whenever he deals damage to an enemy.

Enemies affected with Corruption attack enemies not affected with Corruption and have a X% chance to spread Corruption when they deal damage. Enemies affected w/ Corruption take Y% of their Max health each second and explode on death, dealing Z damage to non-corrupt enemies w/in R m with a (2*X)% chance of spreading Corruption to the damaged enemies. 

*Suggestions on more abilities are appreciated.

I will try to get some basic concept art/designs done, but who knows when and how good they will be.

Edit notes

Spoiler

2/26/19 - Dropped 'exalted frame' and 'strange combination' ideas. Added Corruption ability. Elaborated on Redemption ability. Removed Angel from Pillar ability.

Additional edits using feedback from DarkLordSTRM  

Edited by Quantelderran

This is a very interesting idea, focusing on the duality of good and evil. 

The thing you should be aiming for is how to make this be different to equinox. I say this because alot of the abilities you proposed seem similar, though the same could be said for alot of frames but i digress.

You said you wanted to have Demon be the damage dealer and Angel be a healer but that seems a little derivative to me. Maybe focus on crowd control for Demon as sort of a reference to the manipulative tendencies of the devil. and focus on powerful single target  or small AoE buffs and heals and make Angel a guardian. 

As for the implementation of builds, i think it should keep the same system as equinox, have both frames deal with the same build. It balances you essentially having 7 abilities with the fact that you cant optimize for them all.

• Like 1