Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe- Now With Added Asthma Simulation

YourFriendlyNoggin

Ok so maybe that's an exaggeration, but something feels really off with the warframes stamina in it's current state. The game just feels so much slower, playing as rhino is so much worse on any mission other than defense and survival. I barely see anyone wall running anymore because often they reach the wall and have no stamina to run across it. Doing acrobatics just isn't worth it anymore because it takes so long to recharge the lost stamina. Often I find myself just paying way too much attention to the stamina bar making sure I don't use too much.

It's getting to the point where I'm about to skip key warframe mods from my builds just to slot in stamina upgrades, yes stamina is now more important but is it fun? In my opinion it isn't.

Suggestions:

-maybe make the stamina pool significantly larger, during a fight it tends to recharge anyway(unless you melee a lot like me) so it shortens the gap between each decent encounter but still punishes with slow recharge.

-alternatively have an average stamina pool and a fast recharge but make the 'out of breath' timer more obvious.

-adrenaline rush mod warframe mod instead of second wind(which is melee only), where any kill replenishes stamina, which could also combat rushers.

Of course the counterpoint to my feedback is that this new change slows rushers down, which is a cause I would be happy to side with if it wasn't for all the ashs, lokis, volts and novas still tearing past my little trainee trinity. Rushers can still bypass these issues with all stamina/speed rush builds, the difference between normal players and rushers is even greater in my opinion.

Tl;dr

Rushers are still fast, normal players are slow joggers at best and acrobatics are a bit of a hassle instead of being fun(in my opinion).

Tl;dr

Rushers are still fast, normal players are slow joggers at best and acrobatics are a bit of a hassle instead of being fun(in my opinion).

This. So much.

If it was put in to stop rushers, All it did was make the gap much much bigger. Rushers already had all the stamina mods equipped and now were forced to equip them or fall even further behind

Edited by Transvistinator

that's why we have mods. The only problem could be the lack of mod slots.

Like I said, I'm already considering removing some of my actual build mods just to keep up with other players but it feels less like a choice and more like a necessity. Maybe having one or two dedicated 'warframe stat' slots where you can only equip basic mods like elemental resists, shield recharge and rush, though things like redirection, vitality and steel fiber still have to go in the normal slots.

+1 I couldn't agree more.

I especially agree with your comment of spending too much time watching your stamina bar making sure you don't run out.  Seven times out of ten when I need to sprint up a wall or sprint-slide-jump to make it across a large gap if I wasn't keep track of how much stamina I had left I wouldn't be able to pull off the maneuver.

The reason that I can't pull off those maneuvers whenever I want is because I'm STILL having to chase after people who just run through the map, killing only every third enemy as they run to the objective. Stamina is now ONLY useful for catching up to people.

DE just doesn't seem to grasp that no matter what they do there will always be rushers. Trying to nerf stamina and sprint only hurts everyone else.

Rushers will always rush because it's not just about how fast there moving, it's that they avoid enemies and take the fastest straightest route to the objective so they can finish the mission and bounce to another one.

I'm feeling less and less like a fast acrobatic space ninja and more like, well, a space ninja with asthma.

Ive been always using quick rest (i dont care if you consider it stupid so save mine and yours time) and havent felt any difference until i got into forum and read about stamina changes.

Well for the record, I don't consider it stupid, I use it on my Loki when I feel like being fast but it was a choice, now it feels like a necessity which is what I have a problem with.